Really confused----switching to maintenance question

Options
Ok I am not at my goal weight. About half way there. But VERY happy with the progress I have made. I went from a size 16 wedding dress the end of May to a size 12 now. AND 2 months ago when I brought the size 12 home I couldnt zip it up over my bust. But I was confident I would be able to and I was right. 5 days ago I could zip it up, well my daughter did it for me, with A Lot of tugging and hard work but we did it. And I could breath but just barely. This was Sunday? And I guess something magical happened the last few days bcuz today at the seamstress for alterations my daughter even said the bra hooked up really easy and when we put the dress on it zipped up like magic and the seamstress said that if I loose any more weight the dress might not stay up (strapless) I am afraid to switch to maintenance for the next 3 weeks though. What if I gain? Unfortunately due to bad planning it will be with in a few DAYS of my TOM. We all know what happens during that time right? The girls tend to swell a bit. How much? Is hard to say. Then there is the fact that I still have a bit of back fat dripping over. Been doing 30DS and plan to continue, that might help with definition and shaping for the back bulge. But what do I do? Continue to work out and be on a deficit for say the next 10 days? But the last week go on maintenance and eat my exercise calories back? But be very careful about sodium for water retention on TOM? Really Confused

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    no one has any ideas? I was just hoping there was someone out there who has switched to maintance and could give me an idea if I will start to gain at first? Or will I continue to loose at first? How does it work? How do i do it? Should I start now? Or wait till the last min?
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Three weeks to go? I think I'd half the current deficit or go down to a half pound loss a week, whichever is lower. And then go on maintenance calories for final week or so.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain any weight when I initially switched to maintenance. After almost 6 months at maintenance, I lost a little (5-7lbs) when I upped my calories again. As soon as my body lost that and got used to my new calories - I leveled off. I now range between 143-147lbs.
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi. I switched to maintenance for a few weeks over the summer and didn't gain. I was still careful about my choices, but I didn't log and allowed for a few treats...I was on vacation with my family.