I NeeD PiZZa!!!!!

Options
allieshaw
allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
Anyone have a very low fat pizza recipe to satisfy my craving???

Replies

• nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I've seen recipes using a pita and topping with some tomato sauce and whatever toppings you like. You can control the ingredients and how much cheese you put on it. You could use a whole-wheat pita for extra health benefits.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    YES!

Take some pita bread (whole wheat if possible). Top with marinara sauce of your choice. Top with all your favorite veggies and sprinkle the top with mozarella or shredded colby jack cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and pita is crispy.

Enjoy!

Depending on the ingredients, this can be very light or a little heavier.
  • destinysativatank
    Options
    Yes, I agree with what everyone has said....totally delicious, and totally satisfies craving :)
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i like to use the plain bagel thins.....or for a while I was hooked on using these wraps, sorry I cant remember what theyre called..... id get out my sand maker and put the stuff on the wrap, fold it in half n put it in the sand maker for a few mins to cook... yummy!! i just used sauce, cheese, and veggies.
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I make a low cal pizza using a low carb wheat tortilla. I cook the tortilla in the oven on broil or in the toaster oven first to get it crispy then I add toppings with very little cheese. I make a veggie with bell peppers, onion and mushrooms.
  • kiwicakes
    kiwicakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well, if you live near one, pizza my heart pizzas are actually not THAT bad... The plain cheese one has 350 cals per slice with 15g of fat.

If not.. I used to make a "tomato tart" with trader joe's whole wheat pizza dough, topped with marinara sauce, mushroom, tomato slices and thin layer of mozzarella cheese. Wasn't too bad, and very healthy. :)
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is what i had for lunch today...

Arnold Artisan Oven Flatbread - savory herb 140 cal
    Turkey Pepperoni - 8 slices 35 cal
    Pizza Sauce - 1/8 cup 15 cal
    Kraft Fat Free Mozzerella - 1/8 cup 23 cal

213 per pizza and it's yummy!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Just order a pizza tomorrow. Enjoy it. Get back to work immediately afterwards.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Nope, when I want pizza, I want the real thing! So I have it, just way less slices than before and the craving passes. I am down to like once every other month or so......andpizza my favorite was at least a weekly thing.
  • cfrock
    cfrock Posts: 37
    Options
    There's one over at skinnytaste.com. I use that one. Although, I use naan bread instead of the one she lists because I can't find that one at my grocery store.
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow! All of these recipes sound amazing. I will for sure be going grocery shopping for this stuff tomorrow
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I have had whole wheat pita pizza's and I have to tell you they can be utterly delicious. If you pair them up with some veggie sides too and some water you can be full (and satisfy your tomato-cheese craving) in no time.

Yum
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    1 cup "riced" cauliflower - chopped small like rice in food processor, then microwave for 4 minutes-do NOT add water

1cup shredded mozzarella

1 egg

Mix and shape onto pizza stone and bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes
    i have not tried this recipe but she said it was good.. this is for the crust. then you add your toppings.
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    sometimes I will toast a piece of wholemeal bread, put a small amount of pizza sauce, slice of shaved ham, some onion, capsicum and other low fat veggie toppings and 25g of low fat cheese and place it under the grill until the cheese is melted.

Works for my pizza cravings :D
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    oh then im sure you bake it again. take a guess im not sure sorry lol
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's Take & Bake has a Delite pizza that is DELICIOUS. If you have one around, have a couple pieces of that. Otherwise, I recommend just eating a couple slices and moving on. Sometimes you just have to eat.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    oh then im sure you bake it again. take a guess im not sure sorry lol

Here you go - the recipe for the Cauliflower Crust Pizza :-)

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-tomato-mushroom-pizza-with-a-cauliflower-crust/
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    If you can find it in your area try Mountain Bread. Its very thin about 74 calories per sheet, top with anything bake thill cheese's melts......Wallah delicious. I get then from the local market. Www.mountainbread.com
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    meatza. Make a pizza "crust" by patting ground beef or ground turkey sausage into a pizza pan. Broil until brown and crispy. Take out and put pizza sauce, cheese, and veggies on top. Stick back under the broiler to brown the cheese. Let sit in pan for a few minutes after removing from oven. Slice into wedges, and enjoy with MGD 64.