Trying to Refocus!

Options
Hi everyone. It has been months since I have been on here. I started doing really well but then life got in the way. I started getting stressed out with things in my life and started making bad decisions. When that happened...well I just didn't want to face the fact that I had let myself down again, so I stopped coming here. I am an emotional eater or I don't eat at all when stressed. The one thing I did take back in September and felt a bit guilty for it was going to Zumba. I love it. Today I had a friend who reminded me that I can do this and she is here to support me. I would love to get to know others too if you would like to come and support me and I too you. I struggle trying to do it myself. Thanks everyone.

Replies

• jewellspierson
    jewellspierson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I was doing okay from June until the end of July, but during the summer it's just so hard, and I quit completely. Now I have started again in the last week. It's depressing to see that I gained 10 pounds over the last 2 1/2 months, but I will take it off. I'm going on the treadmill every day, so that's good. I'm eating good again. It is so hard to stick with it, and I find there's ALWAYS an event coming up -- I could put it off until forever if I kept waiting until after the weekend or Halloween, etc.

Good luck to you. People remind me that even 1 pound a week is 1 pound I didn't go up -- or more, considering how much I gained in 2 months.
  • Pluto_Child
    Pluto_Child Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wish I could offer some advice. What I can offer you is someone in the same boat at the moment. I've let myself go as well and I am paying for it with weight gain. I need to focus just like you. I think finding a friend or a few people on here to hold you accountable would help a lot.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Like you I started this thing a while back and just stopped coming. I gave up on the diet, exercise and myself. I just reweighed today and am starting again tomorrow. I think there are lots of us in the same boat. We can do this together.
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I completely understand what you are going through. I've started to loose and then life got in the way and I used food to help drown out what was bothering me. I started doing well here and fell off the wagon. But starting on Monday(yesterday) I've made it a point to try and make better choices and even add a 1/2 hour of exercise. Feel free to add me. We can support each other.:smile:
  • chattinchick
    chattinchick Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Friend, I am so glad you listened to my "advice," (which, by the way was a friendly, loving threat that I'd come and kick her *kitten* if she didn't get back here) LOL....WE CAN DO THIS!!! WE CAN DO ANYTHING WE SET OUR MIND TO....that's proven over and over and over again with people who are successful at anything. They had to struggle every single day - JUST LIKE US!!!

I am here for you to help support you as much as I possibly can. And I too, need the support of you (and whoever would like to friend me) as it takes the positive circle of SUPPORTERS to help us get through this. We all need to start being honest with ourselves, AT ALL TIMES, and be accountable - that's the name of the game.....slowly but surely wins the race. Day by day. Step by step.

Love and hugs,

Lori