High Fiber diet?

Options
Can someone give me some food ideas that are high in fiber, doctors orders.......Thanks!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Fruits, veggies, and beans! Best place to get em i think :D
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    Whole grains!
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Certain Fruits and most Veggies pack a punch when it comes to fibre intake. Carrots are best, and you can chew on one for a while I've found! But remember, moderation is key.
  • PaPenguin
    PaPenguin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Quaker has a high fiber oatmeal that has 10 grams of fiber, 8 soluble which is supposed to help lower cholesterol. It has 7 grams of sugar and since I need less sugar I've been getting their weight control oatmeal that has 6 grams of fiber, 4 soluble. Actually I get a generic store brand since it's cheaper. Also, I drink two glass of metamucil which gives me 6 grams of fiber, 4 soluble. I get high fiber whole grain tortillas at Sams Club that have 7 grams of fiber and only 13 total grams of carbs. They're only 100 calories too. Then vegetables and fruit. I've upped my fiber quite and bit and notice the difference.
  • chchchangess
    Options
    oatmeal, dates, and flax seed are packed with fiber. and you can mix all of those together into a really yummy breakfast.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and flaxseed are the easiest. You can mix flaxseed meal in with anything - yogurt, smoothies, even oatmeal and it doesn't have a weird flavor. Veggies and some fruits also have a lot of fiber. Beans are also really good. Whole grain breads and pasta will have more fiber than white.
  • chicklet846
    Options
    All of the suggestions made are great, the only thing I have to add are the Fiber One products. They make great bars, cereals, and even brownies!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    All of the suggestions made are great, the only thing I have to add are the Fiber One products. They make great bars, cereals, and even brownies!

Eh those are very processed and can be a bit hard on the digestive system
  • chchchangess
    Options
    agreed. I like the taste of some of their granola bars, but I don't think the 'fiber' in them really does the job because there's so much other junk in them. :/
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Frosted Mini Wheats, especially blue berry muffin and cinnamon streusel flavors!!! YUM i could eat some right now!!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Lentils and Barley are quite high in fiber.

I am a big fan of the plain Fiber One cereal. The only thing I don't like about it is it's sweetened with Aspartame. I wish they'd make an unsweetened version. Cereal doesn't need to be sweetened, in my opinion. The good thing about it is for 120 calories worth, you get 28 grams of fiber.