overeating this week because of my birthday

Options
This week I have been overeating because it is my birthday week . I live on campus at uni so have been celebrating with friends. this weekend my parents are coming up for my actual birthday and I don't know what to do i really want to go out with them and eat seeing as they are coming up just for me
do you think its okay to do this for the next two days and then just get back on track

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You've been doing it all week. Why stop now?
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Eat wisely but it IS OK to treat yourself sometimes. Try not to go for the fat fried in fat, but enjoy your birthday!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    This week I have been overeating because it is my birthday week . I live on campus at uni so have been celebrating with friends. this weekend my parents are coming up for my actual birthday and I don't know what to do i really want to go out with them and eat seeing as they are coming up just for me
    do you think its okay to do this for the next two days and then just get back on track

go out for dinner and order grilled fish/chicken or a 200g steak. w/ veggies or salad. cooked without oil!!! you can customize an order the chef never usually minds.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It is possible to go out for a meal and make healthy choices :happy:
  • Jen788134
    Jen788134 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You defo should go out and celebrate with your parents. Just make sure your other meals that day are healthy and do some exercise so you'll have loads of free cals for your birthday meal! Happy birthday and enjoy! :drinker:
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think you should just enjoy yourself. One week is not going to kill you - I can't see you doing that much damage.

As others have posted before, just try to make healthy choices - and avoid alcohol - total wasted calories and your body will then burn that off before anything else you've consumed.

Oh - and Happy Birthday for the weekend! :happy:
  • kayla220220
    Options
    okay guys thanks for the advice
    tomorrows thursday and i think i will just make very healthy choices
    then friday and sat when they come up i will just enjoy myself
  • jessfresh
    Options
    i'm facing the same thing this weekend/coming week...alcohol and hangover food is my downfall. i'd say just enjoy yourself, be good in advance of it and work super hard afterwards, that's my plan! what's the worse that can happen, you put on a couple - you'll soon lose them. Happy birthday! :D
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't celebrate the entire week for your birthday. My birthday was last week and I did go over on my calories one day but I tried to get back on track and fast. Its really easy to keep justifying eating unhealthy once you start. I would still keep dinner plans with your family but go out for something healthy. This is something that has to be a lifestyle change and you will have times where you will have to go out to eat with family or friends so you have to learn how to make those healthier choices. Happy Birthday and good luck.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I've been here since Feb and been all but at goal weight since June.

I have a had a few weeks when I have gone of plan (vacation, my Birthday week that I had off work) and whilst I have never gone back to my pre MFP habits, I have really relaxed the rules.

Whilst it doesn't work for everyone I have found that I don't see a major gain when I have a bit off time out. As long as I am not greedy and get back to healthy eating / exercise sooner rather than later it works fine for me.

I am not advocating a 'week on week' off or anything like that - We all know that we need to stick to our calories to continue to lose weight / maintain current weight BUT I am saying that occasionally being off plan will not make you pile back on all the weight you have lost.