Late night snacks?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for a late night snack. I work late hours and need to eat late in the day.

Replies

• kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I work nights usually I eat vegetables, chicken, peanut butter on ezekiel bread.
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I work 2pm to 11pm. i usually have a protein shake since i don't eat breakfast and wont actually eat until my lunch at 6pm. I try to eat like an apple after my lunch and drink water. When i get home i try to have light dinners before i exercise. I will not eat after 1 am so any snacks i have are like a fiber one bar, frozen grapes, a few pieces of apples. things like that that are low calorie. I also always have a bottle of water with me.
  • ailiemarks
    Options
    Anything with oats in it is also good for keeping blood sugar stable through the night and limiting nocturnal hypoglycemia - this can cause insomnia and it stinks. Believe me.
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like low fat popcorn... because its low in calories but its super filling
  • ramessesi
    Options
    I eat 2-4 prunes when I feel hungry at late night, it's about 50 to 100 calories and it's healthy
  • wolfxxi
    wolfxxi Posts: 19
    Options
    Awesome folks! Thanks for the tips. Any of you overnight shift workers by any chance? I work one overnight shift a week and I'm trying to figure out how to balance my meals on that day/days.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Awesome folks! Thanks for the tips. Any of you overnight shift workers by any chance? I work one overnight shift a week and I'm trying to figure out how to balance my meals on that day/days.

What does your schedule look like on that day?
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options

I work night shift...Feel free to add me to you buddy list. If you need anything let me know.
  • wolfxxi
    Options
    Well my shift on that day is:-

Wake up at 4:15a
    Work from 5:15a-1:15p
    3 hr nap at home
    Work from 9:45p-5:45a
    Sleep from 6:15a-12 or 1p
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Can you eat during your shifts? If so, I'd go for:

Wake up at 4:15a
    BREAKFAST
    Work from 5:15a-1:15p (light snack during shift)
    LUNCH
    3 hr nap at home
    LIGHT SNACK
    Work from 9:45p-5:45a (dinner if possible during the shift or a snack, but not a light one)
    Either DINNER or SNACK
    Sleep from 6:15a-12 or 1p
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    bump
  • wolfxxi
    Options
    Thank you very much asyouseefit. I'll look at breaking it down like that as I can and do eat during my shifts.