Will the real Bob Harper please stand up?

Options
Recently, I have been struggling with self sabotage. You know the kind. Where you tell yourself that one bite of cookie won't hurt. That I can have only one breadstick and a small slice of pizza. Where I promise myself each night as I lay in my comfy bed, that tomorrow I will start 30 Day Shred and stick with it. But tomorrow never comes and that pizza somehow is all gone...again.

I have lost almost 50 pounds and now I find myself..stuck. Stuck in my own lack of motivation.

I religiously watch the Biggest Loser and I am drawn to Bob. The way that he gets into your face, yelling so close that I know that he must actually spit on you. He breaks you down so that you can find that inner person who is struggling to get out and get on with it. I so wish that I had a Bob Harper in my life right now.

I set a goal 6 weeks ago and all I have done is stray as far away from it as possible. It is like the moment that I set it, I became determined not to meet it!

I set more goals just so that I could ignore them and push them away with endless excuses and sometimes outright defiance of my own self will. I have 30 days to salvage what I can of my goal and at least be in the ballpark of my first real challenge.

I am going to get motivated, back to where I was when I started this journey. Determined, self controlled, and happy with who I am. I am going to to find some new friends on MPF that really are Bob Harper wannabe's. I need friends who call me on my slacking. Who look at my diary and say " What the hell where you thinking, ordering a pizza?" I need to get motivated, because if I am not motivated to move forward, the only other direction is back where I came from. I am NOT going back there. I have worked to dang hard to get here, I will not go back!!

so...will the real Bob Harpers, please stand up?

Replies

• TattoodTemptress
    Options
    bob harper mmmmmm heheeeee

i prefer jillian michaels.....that woman is a maniac!!
    i too suffer with same issues you do- ill just have the one glass of wine,simply doesnt happen in my house ha ha im an all or nothing kinda person.
    well done btw on your loss your doing so well - so keep with it
    i personally think that its the everyday i need to deal with- i dont need that biscuit my body only needs small ish meals to get me through the day etc and hopefully one day that will become the norm...as opposed to always craving more and more
    keep with it and get doing those jumping jacks and walk out push ups on the shred- i will if you will??
    lots of luck to you
    lizzie
    xxx
  • bobbyandthekid
    Options
    Aloha CBKMom,

Funny thing, I am entering my daily food and exercise and there is my name and a plead for help.
    I am Bob Harper. Although I am not the Bob Harper who is on TV spitting in people's faces.

I am the Bobby Harper who takes his family on hikes to secluded waterfalls and spends long days exploring reefs. This is after the 12 to 15 hours I spend managing a small business Monday through Friday.
    Motivation is a challenge I have on a daily basis. As much as you need my help, I need yours as well.
    Join me and we can help each other achieve our goals.

Please follow the link below to one of my video journal of our hikes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C83L8tEtbCM
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm no Bob Harper but I can tell you that since finding recipes for pizza crusts I've been making my own pizza. I control the size, toppings and nutrional content. Dominos has nothing on me lol. Mayne you should just make shorter term goals. 30 days sounds intimidating but if you do the dvd just today you've met your goal.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    ALL I AM HEARING IS EXCUSES

WHAT ARE YOU WHINING ABOUT YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS LOOK HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME ALREADY. SO GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND START MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES. STOP BEING A QUITTER AND GET ON WITH IT !!! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!! NOW DO IT!!!

Love from Bob Harper x

PS Sorry if I spit on you.:bigsmile:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    humph. bob harper. my old drill instructor would make bob harper cry.