seriously aching muscles

Options
hey people im in some serious pain.. my thighs and glutes are killing me.. it hurts to lower myself into a sitting postion and it hurts to get up again. It also hurts to squat. Does anyone have any home remedies for these? i dont have any heat cream and i dont have any money to go to the shop or chemist. I have to go to work tomorrow and i need some kind of relief before i go. So any help would be muchly appreciated.

Replies

• MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Nice hot bath helps my aches and pains x
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, mine is mainly my calves and biceps. i've been tolds static stretching helps recovery.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    have you tired an ice bath, that might help too.
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I recently started doing squats as well and man I hurt for a few days. I usually will take a nice hot bath or shower, take some ibuprofen and drink plenty of water.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Alternate hot and cold water, and get a foam roller or tape some tennis balls together and youtube self myofacial massage. Eat your protein, get your sleep.
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ha!! i did this to myself a couple of weeks ago, just before a weekend where i had to do lots of carrying things up and downstairs which made life very interesting :) i did lots of stiff legged hobbling down stairs clinging on to the banisters.

baths help and i was lucky that i was at a nice hotel that weekend that had a steam room that i took advantage of, but mostly it's just time and movement that fix it. although it's uncomfortable to do, i think keeping up the gentle movement is really important and does speed up the process (though i think i made a mistake by trying 10mins on the treadmill when i thought i was on the mend... that set me back a bit:)

good luck & i hope you survive work tomorrow!
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Only time truly will help make it go away completely. Try to keep moving though.
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    hey people im in some serious pain.. my thighs and glutes are killing me.. it hurts to lower myself into a sitting postion and it hurts to get up again. It also hurts to squat. Does anyone have any home remedies for these? i dont have any heat cream and i dont have any money to go to the shop or chemist. I have to go to work tomorrow and i need some kind of relief before i go. So any help would be muchly appreciated.

My remedy for this is a nice hot bath and some light cardio THEN stretching! Don't stretch before your muscles are warm- this causes injury!
  • emtess123
    Options
    Really hot bath, hot as you can stand it, lots of stretches, maybe some light cardio like walking and plenty of rest should do the trick!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    In future, stretch those areas extensively before and after. Look up glute and hip flexor stretches! I get some seriously bad muscle pain sometimes and it's always because I skimped on the stretching.

But for now you can stretch, warm the area, and cool the area. Your muscles also need water and protein (and a bunch of other things but I'm no biologist) to heal to keep chugging the water!