Polar FT# Oners

Options
Just bought myself a Polar FT1, and been rreading through the manual. Couple of questions to current owners of any version:

Anyone else use the watch as an everyday watch? I love watches anyway, and I think this is quite sexy looking! I have it on now and left the belt at home.

You can't change the battery in the beft yourself, it says to send it off... Anyone had to do this yet? Is it a pain to do or simple and free to get it replaced?

Changing the battery in the watch, is that simply unscrew the 4 alan keys at the back and replace? Or do you have to send that off too?

Cheers all

Replies

• mmuzzy1068
    Options
    I have the Polar F11 and I can not change the belt battery, it will not open for anything. My trainer has the same one and she had to ship it back to Polar to do. I changed the watch one with no issue. I did notice that my heart rate was not calculating properly, but I tighted the strap and it seems to be ok again so I may have bought some time before having to change the battery. Good luck!
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT7 and wear as an everyday watch and it does have a user changeable battery, a CR1632 to be exact. But I haven't had to change it yet so not sure how difficult it is.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have the FT40 and can change the batteries myself and wear it as an every day watch.
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    do you have to wear the stap all the time? i have the polar tf7 and it makes out you have to put the strap on before exercise do u keep it on?
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    No, I only wear my strap for the FT7 if I am going to exercise and take it off when I am done.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, Yeah im only going to wear the strap when exercising. but wear the watch all the time, i think the manual said the battery will last 2500 hours in the chest strap. So if that means its continually using the battery (even when not attached to you) it will only last 104 days?!?!? but if the battery is used only when in use (call it 1 hour exercising everyday) it will last 7 years lol :D.

anyone know which is more likely? lol