this is my first time trying to lose weight

Options
im 17 and im 200 pounds ive always been over weight but ive nvr been the size i am now. ive always been teased and felt horrible about the way i look. im finally deciding to do something about it. i wanna lose weight not just to look good but to be fit and healthy. if anyone has any tips pls feel free to comment. im just sick of the way i look and the way people treat me by looking like this. i hoppe this works i rlly wanna be looked at as the pretty girl. not the fat girl :(

<3 stephb17

Replies

• amathera
    Options
    Good job steph! it's always easier to start when your younger. I think the most important thing to remember is not to get down on yourself it it doesn't all go as planned the first time. just stick with it and you will do great!
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've always been overweight myself. Just stay motivated and you will achieve it. Dont get discouraged if you dont lose a lot of weight quickly, it takes time. I think thats the one thing that causes people to give up, they dont see results fast enough. but if you stick with it, you will lose weight.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Don't you have to be 18 to use MFP?

Anyway, good luck.
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard MFP. You'll find lots of help. support and encouragment here.

Good luck with your journey! x
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph, welcome to MFP!

first of all I just want to say you are a VERY pretty girl and don't let anyone make you believe otherwise.

From your profile pic you certainly don't look 200lbs although it's difficult to gauge your height/build etc.

Starting young is good, but the best advice I can give you is to spend a couple of weeks logging your current normal dietary intake. Then review what you are eating, when you are eating and try where possible to make notes as to why you are eating, especially if you are snacking between meals. Also look at what exercise you are taking.

Next look at the following slide show. Remember it's only a guide, but it busts a lot of myths and nonsense you might get foisted on you :wink:
    http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/546558-the-most-shocking-diet-myths/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=dietmyths111011#slide-1

Now, you will have to "diet" i.e. eat a calorie deficit initialy to lose weight, but depending on how much you want to lose and how quickly, it might be wise to plan a few short-term goals to fit in with your ultimate goal and then work towards eating maintenance calories for your ideal weight and activity level. Try not to cut out too much from your food favourites, otherwise you'll crave them even more, but certainly work towards reducing calorie-dense foods and replacing them with lighter, more wholesome options perhaps :smile:

Find an exercise plan that suits you. You don't need to spend lots on expensive gym membership and/or home fitness equipment. It's amazing what you can do just walking a couple of miles round the block or going swimming. Remember why you want to lose weight and get fit and keep positive.

You'll get a lot of support here and you can ask any kind of daft question ... it's probably been asked before so maybe do a quick search of the message boards and then look beyond the first few pages of results too.

Finally, and this is VERY important, enjoy yourself! :bigsmile: It's hard to stay dedicated to success when you're feeling miserable.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mummychaz
    mummychaz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome to MFP!
    You'll get lots of support, motivation & inspiration here. If you need to laugh, cry, cheer or scream feel free to add me :)
    Best of luck on your weight loss journey!
    Chaz x