Apple Cider Vinegar Pills

Options
Has anyone on here had any success with using apple cider vinegar as an appetite suppressant? I've recently started taking the pills but as of yet have not felt any different. I'm starting to think it's just a myth.

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Studies show that apple cider vinegar can help surpress your appetite, although the change is not as significant as it would be with a B6+B12 complex.

Sometimes I throw 1 tbsp of apple cidar vinegar into my cooking, but I don't notice much difference in appetite.

=)
  • autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nope, been there done that....I use Yerba Mate' tea
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think you are right, its a myth. My boyfriend says its complete bulls*&t!!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I took the Apple cider vinegar diet pills for a while and they did help with decreasing my appetite and gave me more energy without any funny side effects..but I did not shed any lbs while taking them so I stopped.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    I've never taken the pills, but i have a friend who takes ACV w/ water and honey every morning, she swears by it.
  • rykkicasey
    Options
    I know it might not taste as good, but you could try 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in 8 oz. of water.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar is used to help boost the immune system and also help your digestive system. Hope that helps.
    Also, just my personal opinion but go ahead and keep taking it (but please not the pills, get the REAL thing) it's good for you and if you digestive system works well then I'm sure that somehow that helps with weight loss in the long run b/c the easier it is for your body to break things down the easier it is to absorb the proper nutrients and things from the food you are putting into your body. But no, it is certainly not a diet pill or appetite supressant... unless you consider the fact that it taste terrible. But it's worth it. I used to get sick all the time and now (thankfully) I havent had to worry about all the colds and stomache flu's going around at work.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your collective knowledge : ) if I continue to try this apple cider business I will stick to the actual vinegar itself.
  • MalloryRaeLynn
    Options
    I just love drinking apple cider vinegar from the bottle.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I don't see it mentioned here but the Apple Cider Vinegar folks take for "health" reasons isn't the kind you buy at the grocery store. It should be natural, unfiltered apple cider vinegar - it's cloudy in the bottle - and contains the amazing 'mother' of vinegar which occurs naturally as connected strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules.

It costs about $5.00 a quart compared to $1.89 for a half gallon of the distilled vinegar you'll find at the A & P.

Try Whole Foods, or any "natural" foods store. Bragg is a well known brand. And you drink it mixed with water and a little natural honey, maple syrup, black-strap molasses or Stevia for a quick pick-me-up. I add an ounce to 24 ounces of water in my bottle, sweetened with Stevia.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It hasn't helped me with appetite suppressing, but it has helped me lost a little weight, more than I normally would have and with less exercise (by force, not by choice).
  • nichpatt
    Options
    I know this is several months later, but I started using the ACV a month and a half ago and can say that it does help with burning fat and suppressing the appetite. It also aids in upset stomach. It works, and I'm hooked. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I just love drinking apple cider vinegar from the bottle.

i treid this once made me feel very ill ! Never went near it again :sick:
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump