Low-carb eggnog?

Options
AdAstra47
AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
To all my Paleo, Primal, Atkins, South Beach & otherwise low-carb low-sugar peeps:

I realize that it isn't even Halloween yet. But one must plan ahead for these things... and eggnog is my very most favoritest holiday treat. I am now under Doctor's orders to eat low-carb, and this will be my first holiday season as a low-carber. So does anyone have a good recipe for pseudo-eggnog? Something without the carbs & sugar?

Happy Winter Solstice, Yule, Hanukkah, Christmas, Diwali, Eid-ul-Adha, Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance!

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    This is the recipe I have been using for the past couple of years:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/beverages/r/lowcarbeggnog.htm
  • Grokette
    Options
    Here are some other recipes..............Trial runs are always good. :drinker: :laugh:
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    I too am a lover of eggnog! Sadly, I've tied all the alternatives and nothing tastes quite the same. I say, factor a bit into your weekly food log and go for it. It only comes around once a year. My favorite is to put a bit in my coffee in the morning. Sooooo yummy ;)

Happy Winter......

Bryn
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Sadly, my carb restriction isn't a choice so much as a necessity: doctor's orders. And the couple of times I've cheated, I've felt miserable. Not even eggnog is worth feeling like that. But every ready-made store-bought kind I've seen has more carbs in a serving than I'm allowed to eat in an entire day. Sigh.

Grokette, I had hoped you'd have some ideas! I will definitely try this recipe and see how it goes, thank you!
  • Grokette
    Options
    Here are some other recipes..............Trial runs are always good. :drinker: :laugh:

I forgot the link.............

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/recipes/stuff/nog.shtml
  • Grokette
    Options
    Sadly, my carb restriction isn't a choice so much as a necessity: doctor's orders. And the couple of times I've cheated, I've felt miserable. Not even eggnog is worth feeling like that. But every ready-made store-bought kind I've seen has more carbs in a serving than I'm allowed to eat in an entire day. Sigh.

Grokette, I had hoped you'd have some ideas! I will definitely try this recipe and see how it goes, thank you!

Yes, most people fail to realize that there are people in this world that just can not have carbs in great abundance and we are not upset, deprived or mad about it.