foods to say NO to..

Options

Replies

• KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I don't ever cut anything out completely. Most things I eat when out with other people or at somebody else's house since most of this I don't eat or don't keep around...

- chips, pop, pizza, fast food in general...those are probably most of the ones i don't eat much.
  • mbond6
    mbond6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cake, i love cake i love birthday cake so no cake, its really just an obsession. :)
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Fast Food... Never made me feel good after eating anyway and feels like you are even hungrier 2 hours later!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat fast food very often, and if I do, I pick a grilled chicken option and leave out the bread/bun/wrap...

....other than that, I have learned not to limit myself. I did that for 2 1/2 months, and then went crazy eating 1 of everythign I was craving.in one sitting. *sigh*

I am adopting the attitude of everything in moderation. I'll eat healthy MOST of the time, but if one day I want a cookie, or to split dessert with my husband when we go out, I'll enjoy it.

The only thing I have cut out almost completely/.try to avoid is heavy carbs (pasta, breads, etc) which I don't care for much anyways. I love the sauces more than anything with pasta....I can go without the noodles!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Nothing.. I eat it all, whenever I want it, as long as it fits inside my calories, I'm good to go!

Soda is the one thing that I rarely drink though.. and thats because I don't see the point in wasting good calories on a sugary drink thats not providing any nutritional value.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    As of Monday, almost everything! :( (or that's what it feels like)

I had been just avoiding fatty and junk foods and concentrating on 'diet' versions.

But now - only allowed totally natural foods. Fruit, vegetables, chicken and fish that I've cooked myself, corn thins, 0% greek yogurt, sweet potatoes/baking potatoes, brown rice and nuts.

Everything else is out. People assure me that I will feel satisfied, healthy and stop craving other foods. At the moment it's just boring!

The real killer is diet coke - caffeine withdrawl is a *****.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I do not eliminate foods entirely and unless someone has a medical condition or an intolerance, I think learning to practice moderation is a far more useful tool.
  • brunnemeyer
    brunnemeyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cutting out your favorite foods for the rest of your life is pretty much impossible and will drive you mad. Just stick to moderation and eat the things you love to eat.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    ... I don't see the point in wasting good calories on a sugary drink thats not providing any nutritional value.

Who cares it it's not providing any nutritional value? If it tastes good, go for it! Does EVERYTHING you consume have to provide nutrients?
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream. I had ice cream in about 2 or 3 months.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm GF (coeliac) so I say NO to gluten...... despite the fact I want it, lol.

Aside from that, I won't eat things like snowballs (those marshmallow things with choc and coconut) - eeeewwww, fried foods, potatoes or high cal dressings.

But things I say no to but I love include - iced coffee drinks, full fat/ sugar yoghurt, gummi sweets, cheesecake (GF!).
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out.

Granted, I don't like soda anyway, and haven't had one in probably 20 years, and I avoid partially hydrogenated oils and corn syrup/sugar, but I eat everything you guys have listed other than soda.

I think you can succeed by still having your favorite foods -- just plan for them and work them into your calories.

blessings.

That's what my plan of action is.. I don't want to feel like I'm stricting myself too much where I'll feel like giving up.... I'm trying to balance out my portions and options...
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    There's nothing that I'll never have again, but I'm trying to keep my sodium under 2500mg (something I struggle with) so I don't have ready meals (used to only have them now and again anyway).
    Also, things such as sausages, bacon, bread, premade pasta sauces, things in a can, shop bought convenience things (prepackaged sandwiches mainly) I've cut down on and don't have them regularly. Alot of the convenient high sodium foods (such as sauces) can be made myself from scratch anyway with a bit more time/effort.

I don't feel like I'm restricting myself at all, I'll have them if I want them, just I've found better alternatives that I have instead most of the time.
  • heksie21
    Options
    same here, gave up coke( been really hard) and my husband works for coca-cola. lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    None, I think that's a very bad idea.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am adopting the attitude of everything in moderation. I'll eat healthy MOST of the time, but if one day I want a cookie, or to split dessert with my husband when we go out, I'll enjoy it.

My thoughts exactly. Granted weeding the sugars and processed food out of my everyday diet isn't easy for me either. If I wasn't trying to make conscious choices to be healthy... well the ice cream in the freezer definitely would be gone by now.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Haven't cut anything out. Anything in proper portions can be worked in. That being the case I have no reason to deprive myself of something I want and feel like I'm missing out. The point is to be healthy *and* happy.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    this is going to be a long list, I make exceptions occasionally so I don't go nuts,

Sodas, all even diet (they make me crave sweets)
    Candy, I have a daily allowance of one serving sugar free chocolate covered almonds, no saving up tho
    bread, I eat whole wheat tortillas instead
    cake/cookies
    sugar in tea/coffee
    potatoes
    White rice
    pre-packaged oatmeal
    any cereal with a disproportionate sugar/carbs to fiber content
    whole milk dairy
    fruit juice
    pasta
    Pizza
    red meat (I'll have it maybe 2-3 times a month)
    pork

not everything here is bad for me ofc, they just tend to make me slip so I try to stay away
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Nothing! Everything in moderation!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    ... I don't see the point in wasting good calories on a sugary drink thats not providing any nutritional value.

Who cares it it's not providing any nutritional value? If it tastes good, go for it! Does EVERYTHING you consume have to provide nutrients?

This is why I cut back, I don't crave things I don't need when I haven't had them in a while. When I get into the mindset of I wil eat it because I want it then I tend to binge. It's not like you have to cut everything forever, but I give myself very few exceptions so as not to encourage relapse into old eating habits. When you eat only what you need you aren't giving up great tasting food, you are simply finding alternatives that are better for you.