Working out at home.

So I have a quick question for you all. I've been seeing so many people doing workout DVDs at home,so I've decided to take it upon myself and purchase a couple yesterday.

Now I was wondering when you all are working out at home,do you wear shoes or are you all barefooted?

I personally wear shoes! I know most of you feel comfortable at home so I was wondering.

Replies

• If I am doing line dances I tend to just wear socks but when I am doing actual work outs I feel it is better to have shoes on. It feels better to me to have that support when you are squatting, running in place, etc.
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    If I am doing line dances I tend to just wear socks but when I am doing actual work outs I feel it is better to have shoes on. It feels better to me to have that support when you are squatting, running in place, etc.

I def agree with you on this one. I like to wear shoes when squatting as well.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    I wear shoes unless I'm doing yoga. Shoes seem to provide me with better ankle support, and it's definitely easier on my toes when I'm doing pushups or anything else in plank position.
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    . If it's a walking dvd I def wear my shoes but if Im streaching or upper body sometimes I dont. What Dvd's did you end up buying?
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    I live in an apartment that was built in the 60s and management hasn't really kept up with it. The people below me are reeeeaaaallllly sweet and don't mind if we have some music going or make tons of noise- as long as it's before 11p... however I still try to be as quiet as possible while working out because I feel bad making tons of noise. I have loud upstairs neighbors and it sucks and I don't want to inflict that on anyone else SO I work out bare footed while inside.... if I didn't have downstairs neighboors I would probably wear shoes though because I have these shape up shoes and I dont know if they work or not.... but they give me a boost like "my shoes may be ugly but I *feel* like they're making my walk more effecient" .... I honestly don't know if they work buuut i don't care. I feel like they do and for some reason that gives me more drive lolol