Motivation

Options
Hi folks,

Well i have got to the stage where i have lost motivation and some will power, i have been trying sooooo hard but dont seem to be getting any results to write home about...

What can i do to get back on track?

Replies

• quenstella
    quenstella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try your best to stay motivated.. Dont quit when you feel like its getting tough out talk the little person in your head that tell you stop and you say out loud I can do this! I want stop!
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds hokey, but one day at a time is key. If you skipped the gym a few days, a week, whatever, just decide to go tomorrow and go. And if you can only go for 30 mins or 20 mins, that's ok, its something. Think small steps, small changes, rather than huge, overwhelming changes and committments. Hope that helps.
  • janey2607
    janey2607 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, just looked at your ticker and you want to lose 45lb. Ask yourself why? Ask yourself are you really happy the way you are? The trick is one day at a time...dont think about tomorrow and make small changes to start. Im 42 and had 55lb to lose.
    You can do it x
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    Thanks for the replys, i do try "a day at a time" but will power seems to be a problem...i have even started leaving my wallet in the house so i cant buy anything
  • fiat
    fiat Posts: 17
    Options
    i have been struggling with eating too much in the evening and feel like i'm also kind of losing the motivation that comes with a new attempt.
    i don't know if this will makes sence, or even help, but i've noticed that when i get off track, i kind of go in fast motion mentally- what i meen is that i kind of feel like i'm purposly not paying attention to myself as i eat befor i can get a chance to think about it rationally and decide what i should be eating and doing, and give myself a chance to do the right thing. its all very fast,, does that make sence? kind of like i have to eat fast before i end up thinking about it.
    i have decided to try to slow down, force myself into a slower motion mindset so i can be very aware of what is going on, and choose to do the right thing.
    this is hard to explain here in print i think, but i hope it is understandable and helpful- i know its helping me to know this and be more in control/aware.
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Losing weight and being healthy is a marathon and not a sprint. It’s not about how fast you get out of the blocks but how consistent you are over the long haul.
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    It helps to have a partner. My friend and I are doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred together and we text each other to motivate each other. Ive been trying to lose weight since I had my daughter 2 years ago and this is the first time I've been really motivated to do so.
  • Thechiplover
    Options
    i have been struggling with eating too much in the evening and feel like i'm also kind of losing the motivation that comes with a new attempt.
    i don't know if this will makes sence, or even help, but i've noticed that when i get off track, i kind of go in fast motion mentally- what i meen is that i kind of feel like i'm purposly not paying attention to myself as i eat befor i can get a chance to think about it rationally and decide what i should be eating and doing, and give myself a chance to do the right thing. its all very fast,, does that make sence? kind of like i have to eat fast before i end up thinking about it.
    i have decided to try to slow down, force myself into a slower motion mindset so i can be very aware of what is going on, and choose to do the right thing.
    this is hard to explain here in print i think, but i hope it is understandable and helpful- i know its helping me to know this and be more in control/aware.

I know exaclty what you mean, the amount of times i have took something out the fridge and started eating it before i realise what im doing...a habit that we should all get out of.