paler since weight loss?

Options
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has noticed if they have got paler since they have been losing weight.

Im just asking as i have always been pale but a guy in work who knows ive been losing weight said i look very pale and has said it a few times.

Thanks all

Replies

• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    My skin looked a lot better as I lost weight, so I don't know.
    Are you getting all your vitamins and stuff still?
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I too have noticed I am paler, and people have commented on how pale I am becoming.

I've been taking multivitamins and iron supplements on a daily basis to help this. It's working a little, but I would like a little colour in my cheeks! My skin has cleared up and drastically improved though.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Are you getting all your vitamins and stuff still?

This, make sure you are not under eating and are getting all your vitamins. Start paying attention to the macronutrients in MFP, on the app it’s much easier and quicker to read through.

If he's the only one saying it, it's probably him just being an *kitten* and insulting you rather than telling you how much thinner and nicer you look. If others are saying the same thing, go make a doctors appointment.

I've always been very fair-skinned so I can't say I've had this personal experience other than every summer when someone likes to point out how white my legs are, LOL!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared of fat! A good dose of healthy fat will do the body wonders. I suggest coconut oil, olive oil and grape seed oil. I noticed almost immediately after upping my healthy fat intake, my skin had more of a "glow", my hair was more shiny and bouncy and my slight acne problem went away. I'm also normally very pale.

But that's just my story! Everyone is different :)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks all i've noticed i dont get as many blackheads etc. as i used to so it is better but i dont have a lot of colour, i am naturally very pale anyway maybe its just him.

Im going to take multivitamins now anyway just to make sure im getting enough :)
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i don't have this issue :wink: :laugh:

but i was thinkin abt it & this is my theory:

when u were eatin all that junk & not takin care of urself ur body was workin 2 process all of it & therefore ur complexion seemed darker b/c it was a symptom of ur body workin in overdrive tryin 2 compensate. (kinda like when somethin gets hot u notice that it gets redder & redder the hotter it gets.)

but now that ur body is livin healthier & gettin exercise it doesn't have the symptom of the darker complexion b/c it's not workin overdrive anymore.

& u're actually showin ur tru complexion.

but that's just my opinion :flowerforyou:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i don't have this issue :wink: :laugh:

but i was thinkin abt it & this is my theory:

when u were eatin all that junk & not takin care of urself ur body was workin 2 process all of it & therefore ur complexion seemed darker b/c it was a symptom of ur body workin in overdrive tryin 2 compensate. (kinda like when somethin gets hot ur notice that it gets redder & redder the hotter it get)

but now that ur body is livin healthier & gettin exercise it doesn't have the symptom of the darker complexion b/c it's not workin overdrive anymore.

& u're actually showin ur tru complexion.

but that's just my opinion :flowerforyou:

that is a very good theory :D thanks for that.

My mum has acne rosacea on her face and i thought i was getting it when i was bigger and the doctor has said to her, her diet is one of the main factors so maybe you are right!!