25lbs down!!!

Options
WOW! I have been struggling with my weight my entire life it feels like. I've always been the one to start this diet or that diet, do good for a week or so and then give up completely. I've tried everything under the sun.. Atkins, WW, EVERYTHING. But, this time is different. It's so much more than a "diet".. I'm re-learning how to eat. I officially weigh 268 lbs today. I haven't been lower than 275 in YEARS so this is a huge deal. I started the 30DS last week and have been at the same weight for a whole week.. It was really frustrating and at one point I even changed out my batteries in my scale (haha) but this morning all my hard work paid off and it FINALLY moved :)

I've been on this site for about 2 months now.. I've only made one friend so far but I think that's a bit my fault. I read the success stories EVERY DAY but never really post anything. Just seeing all of you beautiful people succeeding and doing well makes me happy, motivated, and for once in my life.. not alone in my struggles. I have turned my mom and my aunt onto this site so far and plan on getting even more people on here! I think MFP is amazing and I am so thankful I found it. Thanks to all of you for sharing your successes and keeping me motivated! :heart: :heart:

Replies

• normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm doing the 30DS too. I'll friend you :)
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the great work :)
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just sent a freind request!!!! Your rocking it!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm with you.

I read the success stories every day as well. It helps to know there are others with farther to go than me who've done it so there's no excuse as to why I can't. :smile:
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! 25 lbs. down is awesome! Keep up the good work and the great enthusiasm you have! :flowerforyou:
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm on LV 3 Day 2 of 30DS and I have lost inches already. I don't see the scale moving much, but I've been having trouble with that lately. Inches lost, though, is a good thing. Keep up the great work and feel free to friend me if you want!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That's great. I'm on day 4 of the 30DS. I have been at a plateau and read your post to motivate myself. Thanks!! Feel free to friend me!
  • elianexox
    elianexox Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great for you :) You look gorgeous ! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    Congrats! In the great words of Dory from Nemo "Just keep swimming!" You're doing great!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Amen to everything you said! It's wonderful to find a community where the tools work and the people are supportive. You're doing an awesome job, keep it up! Feel free to friend me anytime.
  • kristitampl
    kristitampl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You should be proud of yourself!
  • hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I do Zumba and love it! I have the 30 DS but haven't got past day 5 since I started Zumba....not enough time to do both, lol. Keep up the good work.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    When I post progress pics in here I get about 30 friend requests ;) lol

congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!