Half the Man I Used to Be!

Options
Today I reached a major milestone in my journey... When I stepped on the scale and saw 237 lbs, it meant I had lost 239 lbs which in essence is an entire ME!

When I started this journey over 2 years ago, it was so hard to see this becoming a reality, but it has!

For those of you with a lot to lose, or even a few lbs, never lose focus of your dreams.. If you want it bad enough, you can and will get there! Dont let anything stop you! You will have some bad days along the way, which is OK, just dont let them derail you!

Thank you to all of you who are in my MFP family of friends, your support and daily inspiration mean the world to me, and Im fortunate to have you!

Replies

• missliss78
    missliss78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational! Great job!!
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Gary, you are all the man you used to be and more...just with a smaller shell. Congrats, my friend!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Gary you are amazing... I cannot wait to cheer you on across that Verrazano Bridge!
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    wow congrats!

I just realized you lost pretty much what I weigh *Not an insult*
    That makes me feel a lot better about me getting my *kitten* into gear and getting off this extra weight..
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, the changes you have made are amazing and inspire me to keep going every day.
  • butterflimom
    Options
    Congrats! You must feel so proud and you should. You are an inspiration to all!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Gary....you are truly an inspiration to us all!!! And i have enjoyed interacting with you and getting to see your positive attitude everyday!!! You are an amazing person:flowerforyou:
  • janey2607
    janey2607 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well done you.....you must be on top of the world x x
  • Oliverswife
    Options
    Wow that is wonderful!!!!! You are an inspiration!!!!!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Just the story I needed to hear. Way to go!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Congrats Buddy! We need to spread your story to all of those that think it is an impossible feat.
  • HayleHoot
    Options
    That is outstanding!!
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Congrats. That's awesome.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a milestone! You are an inspiration and motivation to us all. Keep up the good work! You're doing an awesome job! :bigsmile:
  • Jennra
    Jennra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • DaveR100
    DaveR100 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WOW! Incredible thanks for sharing. Makes me feel the 80lbs I have left is all the more obtainable.
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspiring! I have a similar goal & my quote is that I wanna be half the man I am. Seeing what you have done reassures me that it can be done!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you are the big kahuna here, gary! you rock!!!!!!!!!!
  • 4rick
    4rick Posts: 23
    Options
    That is amazing and thank you for the words of inspiration to help us all.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!