Heart Rate Moniter

Options
So I had a Polar F6 for almost a year now and that one just stopped working....got a new battery in the watch and still nothing. So I would like to purchase a new one ASAP as I feel lost without it! Anyone have any recommendations? I would like one that would last longer than a year :)

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    If you contact polar they should be able to evaluate it for you. I think polar has a 2yr warranty, except for batteries. I just bought mine in August and was having problems. They sent me a new strap and it seems to be working fine now. But definitely contact them to see if they can do something for you!
    Good luck!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Consumer Reports Best Buy

Timex Personal Trainer 5G971 Half the price of Polar.
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar f60 and love everything about it. Tells me zones, weekly totals, fit test. I do not have the accessory that tracks mileage, but am thinking about adding it
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar f60 and love everything about it. Tells me zones, weekly totals, fit test. I do not have the accessory that tracks mileage, but am thinking about adding it
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Consumer Reports Best Buy

Timex Personal Trainer 5G971 Half the price of Polar.

Don't by this monitor.. It's crap!

Did you try changing the battery in the transmitter? It may be that.

If your looking for a new one, Polar FT4 or FT7... They replaced the F4 and F6, and are both fantastic monitors.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!

I tried calling polar and they want me to send it in....I think I'll just buy a new one.

Do you know the difference between the FT4 and FT7?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!

I tried calling polar and they want me to send it in....I think I'll just buy a new one.

Do you know the difference between the FT4 and FT7?

FT7 holds more workouts then the FT4 and comes in more colors than the FT4. It(FT7) also has the optional flow link option that lets you upload your data to the polar website.

FT7 is what replaced the F6 so if you want something similar, thats what I would go for.