recommend aerobics DVD's ?

hey im really not a very motivated person and so doing exercise is really hard for me, i was wondering if anyone had any good aerobics dvds they could recommend to me because they are the only things i can really do and have fun. iv e tried a zumba one and i wasnt so keene and ive tried some that were really great just aerobics and boxercise but i dont know any names and really want to buy some.

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Turbofire is pretty fun. It is a little on the expensive side but I enjoy doing it and the time goes by pretty quickly. The songs are fun, so it's a little more like dancing.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    TurboFire!!! I'm addicted to it. Feel free to message me with any questions :)
  • I'v been doing Tae Bo. I absolutely love it and you will notice you start to tighten up fast. You can get them at Target or Walmart for pretty cheap.
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    I recommend Davina McCall if you aren't feeling motivated. She is a bit quirky but I really enjoy her workouts. Loads to choose from too! I really like Davina Fit and Super Body Workout at the moment.

I also recommend Jillian Michaels for calorie burning. She is much harsher than Davina, but she is still very motivating and her workouts burn more calories. I am about to try Ripped in 30. The 30 Day Shred was great and I like her other DVDs too.

Working out in the living room is great! :D
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Have to agree Turbo Fire is the way to go!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    I have Zumba and Tae Bo which are really great. Zumba is way more fun. Any dancing DVD will be an awesome workout and super fun.

I also have Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 which is really good, but she's really annoying. I have to mute her and listen to music and check the screen to make sure I'm in the right place.
  • I have really enjoyed Leslie Sansone: Walk AWay the Pound videos. It is just walking either 4-6mph but includes kicks & other moves....but it is NOT like learning dance moves & such...SUPER easy! I love them! i've got my 2 other sisters & my mom doing them...plus a few of my neighbors now!!! I reallly enjoy her videos with "boosted walking"...its like a jog...and she just does 2 minute intervals once in a while, depending on the video!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    If you have/do netflix there are some 20-min ones on there... I haven't used them yet.

I am a 'The FIRM' believer... AKA Dork. I have tons of FIRM DVDs, Allison is my favorite.

Jillian Micheals will kick butt and burn calories. I have 3 of her DVD's.

Also, Kettle bell. Love any DVD I can find for that thing.

I am a work out video Junkie!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I can't dance & have 2 left feet ....... If this sounds anything like you then check out Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. There are a couple freebies to try out before buying. Exercisetv.tv.com has Start! Walking 2 Miles and Cardio Slim Down (1 mile) .... this will give you an idea of what they are like. The beauty of "no choreography" is that you can use your own music and you can bump up the intensity easily. These are at Walmart, Target, etc. Walk Slim 5 Really Big Miles is excellent .... all chaptered .... you can do as much, or as little as you want.

collagevideo.com is a great way to search to videos. You can search on impact level, fitness level, choreography level, etc. There are video clips and reviews for every video they sell. This is a great way to narrow the field.
  • I started out with Zumba and Jillian Michaels.

But now im stuck on Turbo Jam and Insanity.

But Biggest Loser DVD's are great too.