The fight is over

Options
I have been fighting with food my entire life, I'm done. I have ridden the scale like a roller coaster in an amusement park for as long as I can remember. I don't want to do it anymore. I found this AP today and I believe this can help me.
My name is Bill and I surrender!

Replies

• ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    First of all, i love your name (Lambchopp)

Second, welcome to MFP, its turned me around completely; and there are lots of great supporting people, that can help you on your way. Your more than welcome to add me for support etc.

Best of luck Bill!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    What a wonderful attitude! You can do it! Being positive is the best way to look at this journey.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    lcome it's helped me a lot!!! good luck stick with it
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bill, here are the conditions of your surrender:

Fill out all the questions
    Get some friends, you can't do it alone
    Get a sense of humor for this site
    Participate in the back and forth
    Log EVERYTHING
    Don't cheat on us, be honest

Sign below in triplicate and submit to surrender committee and stand by to change your life

Sincerely,

The Old Guys!
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck Bill!!! Logging what you eat can seem over whelming but it is such an eye opener. This site has helped me so much. Another suggestion I can make that has helped me: When you eat out, look up the calories (on here or the restaurants website) and choose what you'll have before you go. Then order first so your not tempted by what your friends are getting.
  • Yary2931
    Yary2931 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck Bill! You can do it. We are here to help. Keep up the good attitude!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good for you. Keep up the positive thinking.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh I've got a good feeling about this one...

Congratulations on the first step Bill, and welcome to te first day of the rest of your life!

Don't hesitate to friend me, we all need a little extra motivation and support sometimes
  • redpaisleyrose
    Options
    I find that there is freedom in surrender. Be Free from food that knows your name...!:smile:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bill, here are the conditions of your surrender:

Fill out all the questions
    Get some friends, you can't do it alone
    Get a sense of humor for this site
    Participate in the back and forth
    Log EVERYTHING
    Don't cheat on us, be honest

Sign below in triplicate and submit to surrender committee and stand by to change your life

Sincerely,

The Old Guys!

Well said!

Welcome Bill - this is the best site, and really does help people (who want to have success) STAY on track!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You are right - this App will definitely help. But help is the key - the App alone cannot do it for you, you have the right attitude. Stop fighting with food, make friends with it and tell it the truth that it needs to hear "I love you, but that's just not enough" - take charge and this WILL work for you.

Step away from the rollercoaster - step away from the scale if you must - and take charge of your eating habits. Make better choices every day, take it one day at a time and you will find yourself (one day soon) so much better off and extremely more healthy than you are now!

Congratulations.
  • mazp12
    mazp12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you have plenty of other people on here who will help you win the fight Bill - add me as a friend if you need support !
  • littlepeck
    Options
    Great!!! You've made a wonderful step!!! If I can do it, I know you can.
    I have battled with weight problems since my pre-teen years. I now have finally
    determined to be healthy and fit!! I have lost 40 pounds in 17 months. I have had plenty
    UP's and Down's with this, there are times you want to forget it, but don't give up!! If you
    mess up on your diet one day, don't stress. Try again the next day. You'll get it, Be patient
    this comes with time and work and learning what works for you!!! Doesn't matter how fast
    you get it off, Just as long as you get where you want to be and not get to frustrated when
    the weight don't budge or maybe starts climbing a little. Just sit down, try to figure out what
    might be causing it not to move or to gain. It comes with this but if you keep up the good work
    it will start dropping again! Sometimes you may need to adjust something your eating or adjust
    exercises.You will be so proud of yourself!!! You'll Love The Changes
    You See In Your Body As You Go Down And You Feel So Much Better In Health and You'll Feel
    So Good About Yourself Too!!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR TAKING THIS GREAT STEP!!!!!
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hi, Bill, and welcome to MFP. I have been battling weight problems for about 40 years. Even when I would win, the pounds would eventually come back and overwhelm me. The rich, fattening food would call out to me and easily overcome my objections. I found this site 30 days ago and it has been a life changing experience. There are so many helpful, friendly, and encouraging people here who keep me wanting to come back and do this. My loss so far has not been overly impressive, but 1 -2 pounds a week is my goal and so far I've met that. Any loss is a big win to me! I've tried and failed so many times, but really believe that this time is for real. Just logging that food and exercise helps keep one honest. Best wishes on your journey and feel free to add me as friend if you want. My name is Barbara and I surrendered 30 days ago!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good for you, man. You may be surrendering now, but you'll win big in the end. :)

Even better, the winning will start soon. I'm not gonna gonna wish you good luck, because you don't need it. ;) Just do the work and the results WILL come. Rock on!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Bill....I have been here a little over a month and the support, friendship and motivation on here is overwhelming! You can do this; we all can....and we are here to support you in your journey. Surrender is sweet! Friend me if you like!
    Carol
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi Bill!

You won't regret your decision to join!