Non-scale goals or victories??

Options
Sure it's nice when you reach a certain number....but for me personally fitting into my old skinny pants means more than any number on the scale!!

My ultimate non-scale goal is to shape up and tone my biggest problem aread (tummy) so I no longer feel like I have to "suck it in" for a picture...haha this may or may not happen even if I do reach my goal weight...

I'm interested in knowing what others have for non-scale goals!

Replies

• ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    back in the size 4s I was in just a year ago :( and to stay in them this time
  • cedarparkmom
    cedarparkmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Yes, my scale is not moving very well, but I'm at the point where I really don't care! I've gone from a 16 to a 12 in jeans, so I will take that as a success. Congrats on your skinny jeans. Unfortunately, I didn't measure when I started my weight loss journey....really wish I would have because I'm seeing alot more inches come off than pounds!

Have a great day!
  • jillianlcurtiss
    jillianlcurtiss Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    im hoping to get back into my size 4's by april 1st
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Personally I find the weight loss to be of secondary importance. To me becoming healthy is the most important thing. It has taken me over 25 years to learn that the diet thing doesn't work. So I am on a healthy lifestyle journey. I came up with a list of goals that help me measure my health. When I reach a goal I will add new goals. This will be a forever ongoing list and eventually the weight will come off but my journey will not stop when it does. I will just add a new goal to strive for.
    I have things like walking 4 miles, walking a 20 min. mile, size 22 pants, 2 flights of stairs....etc
    I am already reaching goals so however big or little the number on the scale is just really doesn't matter to me because when all is said and done I will become the healthy person I desire to be and I will maintain it because it is my lifestyle and not a short term diet.
  • kfitz10103
    Options
    I would love to fit in my wedding dress. I just don't want to take it out of the packaging since I paid $150 to get it put in there. I am about 18 lbs lighter than when I got married, but my body isn't quite the same so I don't know if it would fit.