Opening Up...my diary

Options
In order to hold myself accountable for what I'm eating I have decided to open my diary. I didn't want anyone to see it before because I knew I wasn't really fully working at the food. So today I go on the scale and was up - again! Despite all of my exercise, I am still not eating properly.

As of today I am letting people in (to my diary at least). Hopefully, this will keep me accountable - I think it will, because if I have to track it and I know it's not good - I won't eat it knowing people will see that its not a healthy choice - or at least be less tempted!

My other commitment is to get rid of the alcohol!!! I'm not an alcoholic (as I can walk away from it) but I enjoy way too much of the red (well any of it really).

Good bye bad habits - hello to a new lifestyle!! Keep me honest please!!!

Replies

• inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good decision.Mine is open too.It.does make a difference if you don't hide what you ate.I eat a cheatmeal once in a while.Its something I don't weigh or speculate over.I log that as cheatmeal 1500 calories and there is no discussion on that one:).
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    mines open too ! yesterday was not a good day , but it on there!

oh i undersatnd the "red wine thing" i took a month of with no alcohol!!! , just to prove to my self i could....
  • princessstokoe
    Options
    mine is open for the same reasons, so i feel naughty for daring to eat unhealthy and so this makes me keep in my calorie goal!!! x x
  • texnolan
    texnolan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i open mine, because i feel if open then i will be more concerned with what i do eat. but at the same time if someone comes to me with a suggestion then i will gain knowledge on what i might need to alter.:happy:
  • janey2607
    janey2607 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good decision!! Mines open, I've had some good suggestions from people on here. It works for me xx
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mines open for the same reason. I know if I eat a bag of candy and people will see I consumed way too much, then I won't do it. I don't off off limits foods, but I don't eat more than a serving of the bad stuff.

On the alcohol, that is a huge one for weight loss. I didn't drink at all for 4 years, while I was in chronic pain and on medication that you shouldn't drink with. Then I was preggo and didn't drink and then early after having the baby I didn't drink to help weight loss. Now that the baby is older and I've been able to go out with friends, my drinking has went up to three of four times a month. I can tell the difference on the days I have a few drinks, my calories are always over my goal. I've decided that I'm cutting it out completely again, so I can get to my goal weight- back to being the DD.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good choice. I find that helps me to make better choices because I know certain MFP friends will check out my food diary and comment. That's the best part about this site - friends to help keep you on track, honest and encouraged. I'll try to be a good friend to you and check out your diary regularly. I want to see you reach you goals!
  • TeletextPear
    TeletextPear Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done for opening up! Alcohol is such a weigh loader - I work late nights and used to have a few beers after work every night just to unwind and the weight piled on. Cutting back to just having a few drinks on a Saturday night now and I feel so accountable having my diary open!
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I feel I was much more honest on here and the buddies that you encounter are very helpful too. I can honestly say being here I can say to myself, Ok this morning I has a larger breakfast- So I know that for lunch, dinner or snack I will not eat as much- It kinda makes you aware of what your eating and makes you accountable... I hope this helps and add me if you like. >)
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I'm dedicating myself to MFP again wholeheartedly, and perhaps opening up my food diary would be helpful. Although, I sadly have to admit that I sometimes don't log splurges because they make me feel guilty. Guess I need to do it...the good, the bad, and the ugly.
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think your diary looks pretty good! You seem like you were under every day for the last week I looked at so I am surprised that you haven't lost. Either you have some crazy food on the non-logged day (it happens!) or you may be a victim of MFP over-calculating calories burned. Either way, best of luck and GEEKSUNITE.