300 calorie and under supper Ideas

Options
jennipooh82
jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
Hi to all. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for supper that would be under 300 calories. I have chicken, tuna & hamburg. anything would be great. I love to cook and I have 2 young children that arent to picky. So any ideas would be wonderful... if you could leave the ingredients and how to make that would be great too... Thanks a bunch! ~ Jen

Replies

• sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love Allrecepies.com they have great ideas and you can always tweak them to make them either healthier or not so healthy.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a book called 300 under 300.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a ton of great recipes.
  • Lindsey72386
    Options
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 186 calories, 3g fat, 429mg sodium, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 0.5g sugars, 35g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*

Ingredients:
    One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
    1/2 tsp. dry ranch dressing/dip mix
    1 tbsp. precooked real crumbled bacon (like the kind by Oscar Mayer)
    Spices: black pepper

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Season each side of the chicken with a dash of black pepper, and then place the chicken in the pan. Season the top of the chicken with ranch dressing/dip mix.

Evenly place bacon over the top of the chicken. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to gently press down and help the bacon adhere.

Bake in the oven until chicken is fully cooked, 20 - 25 minutes.
  • Lindsey72386
    Options
    If you go here on MFP and search Recipes for Chicken Bacon Ranch a photo will come up :)
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing this :smile:
  • Mski02
    Mski02 Posts: 28
    Options
    What about a Vegetable Chilli? Chuck in whichever vegetables you like..... I personally have: onion, courgette, potato (cut into small chunks) carrot, celery, sweetcorn and a small amount of red kidney beans. For the sauce, I use Passata (seived tomatoes), cumin, cinammon, red chilli, garlic and they key ingredient is bizarrely .... soy sauce?! I know is sounds odd, but it really does work!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Veggies raw or steamed. 3- 4 oz chicken and tons of green veggies to fill you up
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing! I just purchased this off Amazon. :)
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great input I will surely use it yo my advantage... :smile:
  • tdamaska
    tdamaska Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a ton of great recipes.

I was going to suggest the same site. I've made several of her recipes, and they've all been hits in our house!
  • kathyhaf1
    Options
    weight watchers has good recipes too
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm making stuffed peppers tonight at roughly 250 calories each:

Lamb (or Beef) and Feta Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    6 medium green bell peppers
    1 tsp ground Greek oregano
    1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    8 ounces ground lamb (or beef 5% or 7%)
    1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
    1/3 cup chopped dried apricot
    1 cup tomato sauce
    1 cup cold water
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon white sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
    2. Heat oil in a medium skillet and add onion. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
    Stir in garlic and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
    3. Remove pepper tops and cores, and stand them upright in a a 9x12-inch baking dish.
    4. In large bowl, combine onion mixture and all of the spices. Mix in rice and raw meat.
    fold in feta cheese and apricots. Stuff peppers with mixture.
    5. Mix tomato sauce with water, lemon juice and sugar. Pour half over peppers, and half over bottom
    of dish. Cover baking dish with foil.
    6. Bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 15 minutes. Baste occasionally
    with sauce, until a meat thermometer inserted in center of filling reads 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
  • bavindicator
    bavindicator Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    From Men's Health Cook This not That :

EAT THIS!

Chicken Fingers with Chipotle-Honey
    Text from book: Wheter shaped like nuggets, stars, crowns, or fingers, deep-fried chicken bites do a major disservice to one of the planet's best sources of protein. Let the restaurant coat it in one of their special sauces and you could be downing nearly a full day's worht of calories on a food desiged for children. In fact, Chili's popular crispers pack in more calories than a dozen Fresco Beef Tacos from Taco Bell and more soduim than 24 small bags of Lay's potato chips. Make the switch to this oven-fried version once a week and you'll shed 25 pounds (and cut out 210,080 milligrams of sodium) in a year.

You'll Need:
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    3 egg whites, lightly beaten
    2 cups panko bread crumbs
    2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
    1 Tsp chipotle pepper puree (This dish is perfect for chicken finger -loving kids Just be sure to cut the chiles from the sauce.)
    1 Tbsp Honey

How to make it:
    * Preheat oven to 450 deg. F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place the egg whites ina shallow bowl. Place the bread crumbs on a plate and season them too. Dip the chicken tenders into the egg, then toss in the crumbs, being sure to fully coat.

* Place the breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the crumbs have browned and the chicke is firm.

* Combne the mustard, chipotle, and honey in a large bowl. Toss the cooked chicken tenders in the mixture so they are all evenly coated with the spicy-sweet sauce.

Nutrition Info:
    Makes 4 servings/ Cost per serving: $2.00
    250 Cal/serving
    1.5g fat (0g saturated)
    350 mg sodium

NOT THAT!

Chili's Crispy Honey-Chipotle Crispers (Price 8.99)

Calories 1,930
    108g fat (17g saturated)
    4,390g sodium