Losing big hips.

Options
*Embarrassed to post this but need help*

I have lost 32lbs but I feel like I have only lost it in my boobs lol. People see me and notice the difference (even if I can't) but I can't seem to shrink my hips any. I can tell the top half of my body looks good but then you get to my hips and they are so big! What exercises can I do to help shrink them down? Or am I just gonna have to deal with them until I lose more weight?

photo.jpg

Replies

• MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Trying to get the picture to work.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Trying to get the picture to work.

I have lost 32lbs but I feel like I have only lost it in my boobs lol. People see me and notice the difference (even if I can't) but I can't seem to shrink my hips any. I can tell the top half of my body looks good but then you get to my hips and they are so big! What exercises can I do to help shrink them down? Or am I just gonna have to deal with them until I lose more weight?

photo.jpg

Use lowercase img instead of IMG.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options

photo.jpg

Patience. My thighs have gone nowhere.
  • wendorfa
    Options
    I am working on that, cardio is going to be the best bet, because it burns fat, period. That along with avoiding fatty foods. Then I have added in there ab exercises and I am noticing a difference with strengthening my abs and continuing to eat right and do cardio at least 5 days a week.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much about it. Be patient. You can't spot-reduce fat. It will come off where it's going to come off unless you do lipo.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options

[url]]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/BisexualVampyre/photo.jpg[/url]

I have the problem of the incredible shrinking boobs too! And there is not much to lose there in the first place! Yet the hips and thighs and butt remain supreme...
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This goes back to tackling spot reduction myths...you can't focus on one spot and have the weight come off from that spot only. The way your body typically works is the first place to put on the weight is the last place it comes off. You can target that spot as much as you want, but your body will let go of the weight wherever it pleases. Just keep doing what you're doing and try to be patient with your body. It'll eventually melt off your hips.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I believe we all have our problem areas that are the last to go. Mine was my stomach. :-/
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Reading the subject made me think of this article:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Maybe that will be inspirational, maybe not. I just thought I'd share.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

hello & congrats on you weight loss! your hip actually don't look that big. they are in line with your shoulders. i think once the rest of you shrinks you'll see this too. you look great and are doing a great job! feel free to add me and we can help each other!
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    My mom always told me that fat was like snow.... where the biggest pile is, it takes the longest to melt.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

I have the problem of the incredible shrinking boobs too! And there is not much to lose there in the first place! Yet the hips and thighs and butt remain supreme...

Agree w the boobies thing! i went from a full C to a full A - small B after losing 80+ lbs. :(
  • mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Cardio and Diet.
    You have a very nice defined waist! That is definitely what people notice first.

Keep going, it'll even out.
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, when I loose weight it comes off my waist, upper body, my bones stick out in my chest but I have 40 inch hips! Cardio is good and they are right you cannot spot reduce fat, but you can do exercises that focus on that particular area.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I also have the same problem!!
    just gotta keep up with the cardio & eventually it'll start to reduce.
    hang in there...... ;)
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reduction as others have pointed out. Also, your hips look like they’re relatively in proportion with your bust so I wouldn’t stress too much. Right now my chest measurement is 36”, my waist is 26" and my hips are 42”, but I like having bigger hips and I’ve never heard any complaints. Try to embrace what you’ve got ;) Fat comes off some places faster than others--just be patient.
  • goquiltersgo
    goquiltersgo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love that quote!