Calories

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering how you divide up your calories each day? Or does that depend on the indivdual and how hungry you are at certain times?

I've also heard of take your daily calorie goal and multipying that by 7 to get the amount of calories you are to consume in a week. From that you can divide it up however you would like for each day. SO if you had a dinner out one night you could set aside more calories for that day. Does this make sense? Is it a good idea?

Thanks

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    You can divide your calories up however you want as far as eating larger dinners and smaller breakfasts, or snacking all day/etc.

Some people prefer 6+ meals per day, some prefer 1. I eat most of my calories before bed. As long as you are in a deficit, it will not make a difference.

I would suggest that you use a method that fits your lifestyle.
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sidesteal.

It's all what works for you. I try and get all of mine evenly throughout the day. True though I eat a few more in the evening but I try and make it all even. :)
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've tried limiting my breakfast to 200-300 calories, snacks 100 calories each, and the remainder split between lunch and dinner.

Hope this helps, Good luck!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter when you eat them.... as long as you have a deficit.

I am a night eater... so I usually have a small breakfast, little snacks throughout the day and then I can eat at night if I want :)

You can also change your diary to fit you --- since I try to eat every fw hours, my diary labels are no longer breakfast lunch dinner etc... I changed them to:

7a-10a
    10a-1p
    1p-4p
    4p-8p
    After 8p
    Vitamins/Other
  • mindyahart
    Options
    I switched from eating two meals a day to eating 6. I eat about 200-250 cals per meal and it seems to be really working. Sometimes I go over but it works out in the end. :)
  • kcwonder
    kcwonder Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I usually do the 3 meals and 2-3 snacks schedule. On weekdays, I usually eat 500+ calorie breakfasts and 400 calorie for the other two meals. I snack in-between meals and also after dinner. That food schedule is only when I workout (some form of cardio minimum) that day. On weekends, I might eat bigger, but I usually have time to lift weights and also do cardio. It really depends, but if I didn't workout I couldn't eat as much as I currently do.
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I try to eat all of my calories between noon and 8 or 9 PM depending on that days schedule. I know several people that prefer to spread out their calories throughout the day including my wife who's working on losing just a few more pounds. As long as you're eating at a deficit, it really doesn't matter when you eat them in each 24 hour period.

Most people on here will usually tell you to do what works best for you.
  • dmartinezjr
    Options
    My Diary is open is you'd like to see. Hope it helps. Good luck. :D
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of "saving up" calories if I know I have a fancy dinner out some night of the week. I try to stay under in carbs and sugar every day though, regardless of whether it's a low or high calorie day.