Crazy Hungry

Options
Anyone ever have a patch of days where you're just inexplicably and unusually hungry? It's not tied to hormones I don't think. I know we have to suck it up and muddle through. I'm just curious as to why it happens.

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I realized if I eat extremely light the next day I can't get full, my stomach growls all day. On the other side to compensate for pms hunger days I eat lots of bulgur, since it's sooooo filling and way less calories compared to rice.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Are you more sleep deprived than normal as of late?

In for replies. When I get sleep deprived my appetite ramps up considerably, but I have never learned why.
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't know why it happens, but it's not any fun when it does. :frown: You're not alone.
  • donnadaniels
    donnadaniels Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes I have ... it is generally hormonal... goes for two or three days and then its okay again.... I gererally try to snack like crazy on low cal snacks...
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's not attached to hormones? I just read in Prevention that at certain times of the month, women do need additional calories. And the women I work with SWEAR by the chocolate craving thing. ( I think I'm immune to that one)
  • jlikennedy3
    jlikennedy3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your body can also act hungry when you are not drinking enough water. Try drinking more water and it will relieve your cravings and be good for you.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i notice when i sleep alot, i get hungrier the following day. esp if i take a nap, i wake up feeling as if i haven't eaten in weeks.
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    I do!! I find on my rest days I want to eat like crazy! Try drinking more water and make sure you're eating enough calories.. If you are really hungry and not bored you may need to up your caloric intake a bit. Hope this helps! Have a great day!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's not attached to hormones? I just read in Prevention that at certain times of the month, women do need additional calories. And the women I work with SWEAR by the chocolate craving thing. ( I think I'm immune to that one)

Yes, I think I'd notice if it was that time. LOL I actually just finished that, that's why I am certain it's not PMS.
  • skinnyquinny84
    skinnyquinny84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too. And I truly believe it's hormonal. I even got shaky last week, and I was eating the exact same stuff as I had the week before. Weird!
  • rgordon17
    Options
    My binges are completely hormone related. I know I shouldn't sit down with a bag of kit kats, pumpkin pie ice cream, a loaf of bread and a plate nachos, but I don't care. I don't hear the advice to "suck it up". The only thing I want to suck up is a package of oreos. I've been tracking these binges on a calandar, and I now know right when my carb loading binger is going to happen. It will usually last for three days too. I make the best of it, and eat whatever I want, and then the following week I am very strict with diet and excercise. Any woman diagnosed with PMDD knows exactly what I mean.