tired of this...

Options
i am running and exercises and then going over my calories by 300-400 a day (this is beyond exercise cals earned)... i am at the same weight i was at on Feb 5th. i ost 4 and now and back where i started. i am no longer going to weigh myself. my body feels better, stronger from running, but the weight loss isnt happening.

I am tired of not feeling like i can make my goal.

I am proud that i can run 4 miles without stopping. this is a new accomplishment, but the bikini i had hoped to wear this summer that a victoria secret model is wearing on my fridge is still sooooo far away.

I even had my thyroid checked to see if that were an issue. it is not.

grrrrr. what gives.

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    i am running and exercises and then going over my calories by 300-400 a day (this is beyond exercise cals earned)... i am at the same weight i was at on Feb 5th. i ost 4 and now and back where i started. i am no longer going to weigh myself. my body feels better, stronger from running, but the weight loss isnt happening.

I am tired of not feeling like i can make my goal.

I am proud that i can run 4 miles without stopping. this is a new accomplishment, but the bikini i had hoped to wear this summer that a victoria secret model is wearing on my fridge is still sooooo far away.

I even had my thyroid checked to see if that were an issue. it is not.

grrrrr. what gives.
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    i dont know but wish i did.seems as though im stuck i n the same rut....i joined aerobics several times a week and walk too but i have weighed more the instructor told me since i was exercising this would happen , but i cannot for the life of me get out of a size 10 i started on here Jan 1 in a 12 but since Feb been stuck and im so frustrated, i have tried everything too, im sure my age has quite a bit to do with it i think my metabolism is stuck.
  • hulfordca
    Options
    I know the stuck feeling. I had been between 152-154 pounds for YEARS. I just started getting some weight off and am finally seeing the scale in the 140's on a consistant basis. HUGE STEP!!! But since I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose, I know the last 25lbs is going to be the toughest. The trainer at the gym told me to not eat those extra calories earned from exercise. To just eat what it says without taking into account exercise. I think this will help. I know for me, the actually calories that it says that I should eat without exercise to get to my goal weight feels like so few but it seems to be working. Whenever, I'm crazy hungry I try to just eat some raw celery with nothing on it. It keeps my mouth busy so it takes the edge off. If you have the luxery, going to bed early can help pervent the late night eating.
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    i think he may be right about that. I only have 10 more to make goal. and i am so stuck. i will not eat my exercise calories this week an dsee what happens.

so frustratating.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You're going OVER your exercise calories? There's your problem. Cut back on how much you're eating and I bet you'll see weight loss. I'd knock out 200-400 calories.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    . i am no longer going to weigh myself. my body feels better, stronger from running

I am proud that i can run 4 miles without stopping. this is a new accomplishment.

You should focus on these things! Running 4 miles is not something most people can do! Focus on little goals. Push yourself an extra 1/2 mile next time you run. Try to eat only fruit and vegetable for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. I find things like that really keep me going.

I know it's frustrating. I have been stagnant in the same weight for two years but I too started running and feel a major difference in my body, my muscles and my lungs.

Try not to eat those exercise calories and be proud of your accomplishments! You're one step (no pun intended) to be healthier. :flowerforyou: