No more "DIETS"

Options
Shajsum
Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
Hi all!! Im not really new but I am on a new journey to begin a lifestyle change to healthy balanced foods. I am tired of the word "diet' so Im banishing it from my vocab. Looking for some inspiration from some of you healthy eaters who are not on a "diet" but who are making a lifestyle change. Friend me, send me a message or reply to this post and I'll friend you!! Thanks guys!!

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I don't believe in diets also
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet...I'm on a lifestyle and this site is a huge help to me and was quite eye opening!
    I had no idea how much sodium I was eating until I started tracking it ... I also changed my settings to reflect what I know works best for me -- and that is high protein/lower carb --- the default settings really seem to be completely backwards on here.
    I changed mine to 40% protein (so you get about 1g per 1lb of your weight), 30% carbs, 30% fat

Good luck in your new healthy lifestyle! Don't forget to find an exercise you love and drink lots of fluid tooo :)
  • sparkylady1
    sparkylady1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nope this isn't a "diet" it's a life style change!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets...I never did. I just never knew how to eat properly. Now that I am armed with the right information, i just manipulate my food consumption to match what I should be eating. I still eat the same stuff that I always did.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's a GREAT attitude to have!
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    im not on a diet i have changed my eating habbits to healthy eating including more veg, fruit and fish in my diet.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Technically, the word "diet" just means food you consume. If someone were to ask me "What's in your diet?" I would say "Everything, nothing is off limits."
  • htmeadows
    Options
    I agree with the "not a diet" concept!

The very definition of a diet is restrictive. I like the idea that this is not restrictive. I can truly have anything I want as long as I am willing to pay the price and MFP lets me know the price before I make the choice. It's like going to a store and seeing something you really (think) you want, and then when you check that tag and see the price, you decide to not buy it.

I have only been on MFP for about 3 weeks, but so far I think it's fantastic.
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Im not really new but I am on a new journey to begin a lifestyle change to healthy balanced foods. I am tired of the word "diet' so Im banishing it from my vocab. Looking for some inspiration from some of you healthy eaters who are not on a "diet" but who are making a lifestyle change. Friend me, send me a message or reply to this post and I'll friend you!! Thanks guys!!

Yay!! I'm glad you are taking it out of ur vocab..
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    To change your settings you can do the following:

1. My Home > Goals > Change Goals Custom
    Enter in your calorie gola and then you can change your protein/carb/fat percentage. I also lowered my sodium.

2. My Home > SEttings > Diary Settings
    There is where you can choose what things you want to track in your diary and change the name of your meals if needed.
    I changed mine to times but I've seen all sorts of things in my friends diaries. I use this:

7a-10a
    10a-1p
    1p-4p
    4p-8p
    After 8p
    Vitamins/Others
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Def made the right choice joking mfp!! I also refer to this as a lifestyle change n I really believe for me its been a huge life changer! I think most mfpers see it nit as a diet but a healthy lifestyle :-) best of luck
  • foodluver27
    Options
    I HATE that word too! I just like to say I am trying to eat better...I still love to cook on most nights and I am not going to let that nasty 4 letter word from preventing me from doing that :happy:
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome - Glad you found your way here. Much success on journey.
    No Diet here - just lifestyle changes -

Sending your a request.