Shaun T Insanity!

Options
Hey everyone! I am planning on ordering Shaun T's Insanity workout video and I really want to complete it. However, I've never been any good at completing anything but I really need to do this. We're all on this site for the same reason, so you know how I feel. Right now, however, I am feeling really discourage and down. Since January I've only lost 7lbs! My calorie intake for the past couple of day have been down right horrifying (well above 2,000) mainly because I've been doing the whole emotional eating thing.

Well, please let me know if you've ever done Insanity, or the other workout programs and what your experience have been like. Hey, if your going to start one of those programs or have already started, maybe we could do it together and be each others support!

I really need to get the weight off and we all could use each others motivation!

Thank for reading,

~~ Cherry Blossom ~~

Replies

• solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    i started turbofire 5 weeks ago and I love. I have alot of injuries and felt I would not be able to handle insanity. Even though I have only lost 7 lbs and about 4-5 inches all over, I feel a hundred percent better. I can do alot more and am beginning to think at the end of turbo fire i could take insanity on. I even ordered the 30 day shred that i m going to start as soon as it gets here. I also will be working out at the gym in between my classes when school starts back up next week.

in the passed i have started dieting/working out and not got results or stuck with it. This is the first time I have committed 100% and can honestly say that I know I will stay that way.

I know it can be hard, and frustrating when you dont feel like you are getting results. It just takes hard work and time and staying positive. Dont punish yourself or beat your self up, just take a step back, look at your goals and look at what you can do to meet them. Slowly but surely you will get there!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity at the end of July and actually received my "I Earned It" t-shirt today! It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but SO amazing! I did it everyday... never missed! You can totally do this! You can do anything you set your mind to. I have never been successful with much weight loss in the past, but a different mind set has helped me lose 34lbs, and go down from a too tight size 12, to perfect fitting 7/8 jeans. And Insanity helped tremendously! You've got this! :)
  • amyvaughan
    Options
    I just started the Shaun T Insanity workouts today!! It was so hard to get through, I can't wait to build up to where I can get through without unscheduled breaks!!
  • MsHeard13
    Options
    I am on my 2nd go around of Insanity..

I started the first time around this same time last year (10/10).. I cracked down really hard on myself, never missed a day of it and really watched what I ate.. after the 60 days I was down 20+lbs and felt AMAZING !!! I slowed down a bit on the workouts but still watched my calorie intake... 6 months later i was down a total of 38lbs , 5lbs below my goal weight.. but I got laid off in May and I got a little depressed and stressed, the workouts slowed down and I just started eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted..
    Needless to say I have put back on the original 20lbs I lost in about the same amount of time it took me to lose it =(

Now I am over being down on myself and want to get back to where I was.. so I started Insanity again TODAY ! I am determined to get this weight back off and to get that amazing feeling back !

This place is great to keep each other motivated and each other on point.. =)

Wishing everyone the best of luck on there insanity journey !
  • janetmp10
    Options
    I sent you a message!! You can TOTALLY DO IT!
  • sammy46802
    sammy46802 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a little nervous about starting insanity today! But I spent the money and need to use it
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It is a lot of fun!!!! I did it last year around this time for the first time (following P90X) and then did some other stuff and now I am trying to get my abs to pop more so I am at it again!
  • bigchid88
    Options
    I just started today too! Did the fit test yesterday and the first workout today. It was difficult but I pushed through.
  • Meglo86
    Options
    That is so great! I will try to start week 3 next week since I missed this week due to being sick. I feel horrible not working out :(. I'm hoping to gain really great results with this and shed the unwanted fat and drop 20lbs at least!!
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'll finish my first run on Saturday. I have not missed a day. If you want to stay with it, get some local support. Find a friend or relative that will do it with you and hold you accountable for showing up and doing it. It's hard and sometimes we're too easy on ourselves. I've never used the MFP community as a support/motivation resource but it seems to work for some. So there's that option if you don't know anyone badass enough to be Insane with you.
  • alannahbelanger
    alannahbelanger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm on Week 6 of Insanity, and I can definitely tell that it has done a lot for me. I find it really hard to do it everyday though, there's a lot of days where I'm so busy that I don't get home until about 10:30, and by then I'm just too exhausted to think about doing it. So I have missed days, and even about 2 weeks in a row. Does anyone else have this problem? I always feel so bad, and I feel like the whole program isn't going to work if I miss any days, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Anyway, I started week 6 about 2 days ago, because I just want to get this thing done now. I love the workouts but I find that doing home videos doesn't really work for me, I'd much rather go to the gym. But I'm going to finish it because I hate quitting things! So ya, you can definitely do Insanity, but try not to skip as many days as I seem to, cause I don't think it's working as well XD
  • HoneyDancer
    Options
    I just made a blog post about Insanity today. Today was my first day! Just start it at least, see how it goes. I didn't do that great today but I am not giving up. You might finish it, you might not but you won't know unless you start! :)

ETA: I lost about 20 lbs about 6 years ago by doing Taebo everyday for about six months. I remember that at the time I didn't eat any meat. Only fish now and then. Lots of fruits and vegetables, lots of peas. That worked well. I never put the weight back on even when I changed my diet again. It's only in the last 6 weeks that I put on a few pounds. You can try Taebo as well. That really worked for me! Hmm...I think I should just use that eating plan again.
  • aslcalve
    aslcalve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Gotta love the workouts and the bursts of energy you feel after your body catches up after the workout. Love it.
  • Janel1978
    Janel1978 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did Insanity twice but only managed to get through the first month. I started again today and hoping I can stick through this time til the end. It is very challenging at times. And some of the moves are really extremely tough. I def. notice a difference when I do the work outs. your Body does change. If your looking for some support add me as a friend. For I need support also. Was doing the Shred last week and thought I might need more longer and intense workouts. Besides the insanity I will also be running.
    Good luck you can do it. Just make sure you go at your level.
  • white_0rchid
    Options
    I tried to start this last year and barely made it through the fit test! Today I'm starting again and I'm surprised I made it through the fit test pretty easily. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the result from this.

Good luck, guys!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    I just started my 2nd month today.I thought that the first month was hard..wow.I push hard everyday and get it done!i can't wait to say that I compleated it! Insanity really is GREAT!!
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    U have now just started on month 2 of insanity. The first month ws hard for me but i lost about 20 pounds from it. but you have to push yourself eveyday. and eat right. good luck. I might do insanity again in a month so let me know when you get it and maybe we can do it together.
  • twinmommy54
    Options
    I am on my second round of Insanity, and have 3 more weeks until I complete it again:smile: I won't lie, you have to commit and find it in yourself to push play EVERY SINGLE DAY. You do get a day off, but the other 6 days, you need to take that time, and make it YOUR time. It's intense, its hard, but its worth it!!! :smile:
    If you need anything, let me know....I'm always here to help and motivate!!! Good luck!!:heart: