BC question..

Options
I am thinkin about going on Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I do not want to add on any weight to myself. I was told by the dr that I will not gain any weight on this pill.. Is this true or not??

Replies

• FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I took ortho tri cyclen for a long time, and i didn't gain weight. It made me feel nauseous when i first started taking it, but after a month my body got used to it.
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain weight when I was on it, but I did have insane mood swings...
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    There is a chance you will. I was on that when i first started BC. Everyone reacts differently to BC, as for me, I did gain some weight. I now have the Implanon which is inserted in your arm for 3 years. I highly reccomend this way, I was on the pill 6 yrs before I switched and I am SO glad I did.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My dr says the same thing. I went on a few months ago and didnt gain weight.
  • Cadenpet
    Options
    You wont gain weight as long as you keep watching what you eat.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Mood swings and headaches, but no weight gain.
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    I started it this month and I love it. I am actually having a little bit easier time losing weight on it. I feel great:) Everyone is different, but so far so good with me. Good luck!
  • jml107
    jml107 Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been on ortho try cyclen for five years and gained absolutely no weight. The first week of pills made me feel sick in the mornings due to the high levels of hormones but that eventually went away. A few of my friends are on it and they didn't gain weight either.
  • latinahada
    Options
    Everyone is different, let me first say that so there is always that possibility. I did take it for about 6 years and had no weight gain.
  • michele_lynn
    michele_lynn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I second the Mood Swings comment. See if you can go to Orth-Cyclen (the same basic pill, but instead of multi-level hormones, it's all the same until the off week for your period.) I am a completely normal person on the Ortho-Cyclen, but the Tri-Cyclen turned me into a monster.. took me 2 years and a near breakup to discover this.

Also, no real weight-gain on either.
  • Chris_bee05
    Chris_bee05 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's going to depend on you. The reason BC makes women gain weight is because it makes them feel hungry and have more cravings. What you do with that is up to you. LOL Some women have a lot of cravings and some not so much, so you'll have to see how it effects you. If you think you can control yourself and your eating habits, you should be fine.

I know for me I never had any problems with weight gain on any of the pills I've tried. They did make me a TAD bit more hungry, but not much. Now depo....That's a killer. I had one depo shot and I was so freaking starving all the damn time. I hated it.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I recommend ortho-tricyclen LO. I had heachaches on the regular Ortho-Tricyclen but not on the LO dosage pill.

Implanon has the same hormones as the shot so it can cause weight gain.

Never gained weight on the pill.
  • allaboutk
    allaboutk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was on them for a very long time, and had never had a problem. Honestly I feel they were the best ones for me. My body really agreed with them. I know of a few others and they felt the same.
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been on Othro Tri-Cyclen for 13 yrs. It hasn't made me gain weight at all, not watching what I was eating (junk food) did!
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I actually dropped a little on the Orhto Tri-Cyclen, but it wasnt worth the migraines and outrageous mood-swings and roller coasters of emotions...
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    It messes with your hormones, which usually makes women want to eat more. if you continue watching what you eat - and making the right choices - you shouldn't gain weight.
  • FunFitFast
    FunFitFast Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used to take the Ortho and now I have the Implanon Implant in my arm. The implant caused me to gain weight, or so I like to blame. It plays with your hormones at first but your body needs to adjust. It's different for EVERYONE. No one is the same. Just like our bodies are not the same.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I didn't gain weight when I was on it, but I did have insane mood swings...

What she said, I did notice that for MY body personally, it messed with my hormones and stabilized my weight, making it REALLY difficult for me to crack one pound/wk. That's just me, though. I'm on mirena now, and its a b*tch..