Losing it

Options
Ok I have been at this weight lose thing for over a year and I am just out of steam. Yeah I could take a week off but than I'm afaird I wouldn't start back up. Help I just cant seem to get motivated and always seem out of steam.. :(

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    My recommendation. Have a fun weekend. Have some cheats, dont workout..do some fun activities. U might just need a refresh.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Don't take a week hon. Take a day or a weekend at most. Let yourself guiltless eat what you want then Wake up and say I'm back to eating healthy today cause my body deserves to be healthy :)
    Feel free to friend me if you need more motivation :)
  • UABUncleSam
    Options
    Don't lose the motivation. As soon as you lose that, then the FAT has won. It will come back, because a life of loafing around eating potatoe chips and ice cream is soooo much easier than getting off your butt and doing something. I know....cause I like potatoe chips and ice cream. I still keep a serving a day of those two things in my diet so that I don't feel cheated by doing what I have to do to stay healthy. Keep up the hard work and don't take a week off. You'll regret it years down the road.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could completely change things up?! Find a program that looks really fun or interesting, or a class at the gym that's new to you?

Make some sort of motivation/inspiration board to keep where you'll see it everyday and get excited to be fit and healthy all over again.

Get some good workout songs on your ipod :)

Team up with a friend or family member (or members) to help motivate each other - Last year I invited my family and my sister's whole family (the in-laws) to a weight loss challenge. You weighed yourself the day after Thanksgiving and then two days before Chirstmas and whoever lost the largest % won - everyone who wanted to participate put in $10 and the winner got the pot.

These are just ideas that worked well for me. I hope you can find something that works for you! Good luck!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    We all run out of steam at some point. What you do now will decide whether you'll be successful or not. Boredom sets in pretty easily - try a new workout routine or try new foods. Just something to change up your life some. You've lost 45lbs and that is awesome! Are you going to throw it all away now? Find older pictures of yourself and look at them - do you want to go back to what you were 45lbs heavier? I highly doubt you do. So, dust yourself off and keep going. I know it's tough - I lose motivation too. I've found for me, taking time off from working out/counting calories helps me to get back on track. But, I also know that for a lot of people - they know they won't go back to it if they take a break.

You can do this.
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    I have been in the same place you are.
    Try a new activity, go buy some cute work out clothes, a new excercise DVD.
    Try on old large clothes if you still have some. Go shopping and try on new skinny clothes.
    Look at old photo's of yourself and remember how it felt to be that heavy.
    Check out some websites for new healthy recipes to experiment with.

Umm, I think that is about all I have for now.

It is not easy, but this is for life and we need to accept that.

I am one that cannot stray and needs to count calories for life or else I will gain back all the weight I lost. In the last month and a half I stopped and gained back 20 lbs. I have lost half that but I know now that I cannot stray.

Good luck and you can friend me if you want for extra support.

:)
  • sharont81
    sharont81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey there... i know how that feels. Take a day or so and refocus on it all. Look how far you have come, whether it be 1 pound or a hundred. I look at each pound as 4 sticks of butter. That helps me keep things in perspective. I am having trouble moving out of this crazy plateau i am in. Dont give up! Don't want to have to retravel the same road. Add me if you would like and we can encourage one another. Sharon