Cheap Halloween costume ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Be a bag of fall leaves...lol a garbage bag, a few glued leaves here and there, and you're done:wink:
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is going as Fry from Futurama and I'm going as Octomom. Both are really cheap, easy costumes.
    He just needs an orange wig, a red button-up, jeans and some knock-off converse.
    I bought 8 $1 babies, I'm doing terrible things to them, then I'm getting a black wig, bright red lipstick & a baby sling carrier thing.

I'm totally blanking on awesome ones I've seen in the past but I LOVE that static cling idea...I'm going to pass that along.

IMO creative costumes are the whole point of Halloween- what is the point of paying $80 for some stupid, slutty, cheap costume that you can only wear once and will likely puke on? Not saying homemade costumes can't be made slutty :wink: Not to mention there will probably be 3 other girls at any given party with the same one. Lame.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I was really tempted by either a piggy bank, static cling or rainbow bright. I went out last night to a couple of thrift stores and the over priced halloween store- I really wanted to do rainbow bright but couldn't find rainbow socks or tights and I've always wanted to dress as a flapper.... so that's what I ended up with! I spent $11 on the headband/feather thing and a boa, and $4 on a super cheap plain shaped red tank top dress and I'm going to go to the fabric store for some tassle stuff to sew onto the front and I"ve already got some fishnet tights and heels along with loooong neckalces and earrings that'll work. Much cheaper than the $40 they wanted to buy the pre-made flapper outfit! And this way the dress will be nice enough that I can just keep it for future halloween use by either myself or friends. What fabulous ideas though!!! I've GOT to do something more creative next year.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My husband keeps talking about getting a yellow sweatsuit and gloves and going as the AOL guy.

Grab a cardboard box from somewhere like Home Depot. One that gets tossed out in the trash like a washer or dryer box size. Then paint it into pretty much anything: rubix cube, fish aquarium, jackson pollack painting, a house, etc. Hold it up with suspendors.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I was also a kissing booth once. Painted a cardboard box red with arm holes and painted kissing booth 25cents it was really cute....didn't get any takers though! lol
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I know you said you'd already bought your flapper costume, but in reference for next year...

http://www.brandsonsale.com/ca-012737.html

That's supposed to be rainbow arm -and- leg warmers for Rainbow Brite. $14.99 for both probably isn't a bad thing if you have the rest of the costume. :)
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    When you cant think of anything else to be, pick up one of the cheap makeup sets at like walgreens that have the white, green, grey and black and go as "dead" you dont have to be all gross and gorey, you can wear jeans ect. I did it last year and had taken one of my halloween decorations ( the blood drip window clings. The rubbery ones) and threaded a peice of string through it and
    wore it as a necklace so it looked like my throat was slashed. I used lipstick to make the slash. I didnt spend more than 5 dollars.
    The year before, my boyfriend made me a cupcake costume. we used cardboard for the bottom and fleece on top and used colored pom poms for sprinkles.
  • vixxy83
    vixxy83 Posts: 59
    Options
    im goin as a sexy vampire i already had my top n leggings and knee high boots all i got was my wig (purple n brown curly) and some teeth, just gotta get a lil bit of fake blood for the teeth marks n im done :happy: x
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I know you said you'd already bought your flapper costume, but in reference for next year...

http://www.brandsonsale.com/ca-012737.html

That's supposed to be rainbow arm -and- leg warmers for Rainbow Brite. $14.99 for both probably isn't a bad thing if you have the rest of the costume. :)

Nice! thanks. That's a good price for both the arm and leg warmers. I don't have a dress already but I figured it'd be easy and cheap to find any darkish blue dres, alter it a little and get cheap for lining for the bottom. Thanks!
  • tinkerbella01
    Options
    Last year I was the paper bag princess from the Robert Munsch (?) book. I just took a leaf bag turned it inside out and cut holes for my arms and head to go though and wore black leggings under, and made a crown with yellow construction paper...it was quick and easy. Plus I work in a school, so it had to be something they would know. The only thing I would have added was "Princess Elizabeth" (the characher's name) across the front to give the younger kids a clue.