Going wayyyyy over daily sugar limit..

Options
How am I supposed to food like fruit and still stay under my recommended 24 grams of sugar per day?! an apple has almost 19 grams..

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Again, this is why most people don't track their sugar.
  • laurenduck05
    laurenduck05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I always go over my sugar!! As long as there isn't any redness around fats and saturated fat I feel happy, most people don't stress about sugar because as you have said good food like fruit has loads of natural sugar in!!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't count the sugar from fruit. But I do check ALL labels to make sure other things I'm eating don't have too much. I think you should have less than 7 g per serving. I try to eat more lean meats, beans fruits and vegetables, which don't have much sugar. You need to watch how much sugar is in things like bread... you will be surprised. I think as long as you are eating natural foods you are fine.
  • I am really confused about the sugar thing too. As was mentioned, I had yogurt (light and fit) with breakfast, then an apple for a snack, and along with my healthy meals today, I am over by 24 grams already! I am really concerned about trying to keep my consumption as low as possible because of the diabetes that is rampant in my family. Does anyone know where I can get more information about this? I know I'm not doing too badly because I have lost 13 lbs since June - though I wish it was coming off quicker!