an apple a day is going to help me lose weight

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
I think an apple a day is going to really help me lose weight.

I was not one for fruit, I had to make myself eat it. I then had some organic apples, because I knew I needed too and I was hungry. I was amazed at how good they tasted. There are 100's of types of apples, I started experimenting with what I could find. Junagold seems to be the best for me. They are juicy, sweet and crisp, the skin is soft, I could go on...

All that being said, I found a fruit that I use to be neutral about, and now love. Now I'm eating more fruit and consequently eating healthier. I am able to have healthy snacks, that are low in calorie and what my body needs. I eat about 1- 2 apples a day plus oranges and bananas depending on what's around. Not to mention veggies. If you do not eat enough fruit right now, I hope you find something good for you that surprises you. Eat alittle of everything.

Replies

• Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have found I love apples too! Organic galas and organic sugar crisp are sooo good.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Gala with peanut butter is my little piece of heaven every day.
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think that they just went out of season here in New Jersey, but if you ever see a "Pink Lady" give it a try. They are the ones that got me chasing apples.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Gala with peanut butter is my little piece of heaven every day.
    Honeycrisp with peanut butter. Gala is good, too! :wink:
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Galas and pink ladies are the best!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I think an apple a day is going to really help me lose weight.

I was not one for fruit, I had to make myself eat it. I then had some organic apples, because I knew I needed too and I was hungry. I was amazed at how good they tasted. There are 100's of types of apples, I started experimenting with what I could find. Junagold seems to be the best for me. They are juicy, sweet and crisp, the skin is soft, I could go on...

All that being said, I found a fruit that I use to be neutral about, and now love. Now I'm eating more fruit and consequently eating healthier. I am able to have healthy snacks, that are low in calorie and what my body needs. I eat about 1- 2 apples a day plus oranges and bananas depending on what's around. Not to mention veggies. If you do not eat enough fruit right now, I hope you find something good for you that surprises you. Eat alittle of everything.

Whatever, Dude.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I look forward to apples now more than I used to for cupcakes.

Red Delicious are my favorites :D
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisps rock!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    idon'thavethefactstobackthisup but... I thought I had read somewhere that apples help with stomach fat.
  • Dawnomite
    Dawnomite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find an apple that I didn't like. haha!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I used to be all about the tart/sour apples - Granny Smiths with peanut butter. Lately though I've been going nuts over Red Delicious - but like all apples, they HAVE to be perfect. No bruises, no squishyness, absolutely crunchy.
  • kassandra81
    Options
    I love many kinds of apples. I was on a fuji kick for a while, now it's yellow delicious. They're GREAT baked in the oven with some cinnamon!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I put them in salads to make the salad bearable.