Getting a little frustrated...

Options
So last friday I weighed myself, and was down 22 lbs.! Yay! Went to Zumba Saturday morning and stayed under my net calories for the day. Sunday walked around the pumpkin festival, and had a splurge meal out (exceeded my net calories by 294 - only my 4th negative over 100 calories since August 6th). Monday morning, didn't dare weigh myself. Monday night Zumba class, and stayed under my net calories. Tuesday morning, up 1.3 lbs. =/ Tuesday night, 45 minutes on the elliptical (over 3 miles in distance), plus some strength upper body work - again stayed under my net calories. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water every single day. Today I get on the scale and I am up 2 lbs! UUGGGHHHHH! Are you kidding me!

My only comfort is that my waist is down 1/2 inch (didn't take the time to take other measurements, but I will). I'm trying to stay positive, and not freak out. I know I shouldn't be weighing myself more than once a week, but I can't help it.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Scale sure can be frustrating! I had my roommate hid mine :D I just take measurements at the end of the month and weigh in ever 2 weeks. Keeps me from going insane xD
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    Might be muscle....dont fret.
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lost inches over weight any day!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Might be muscle....dont fret.

you dont gain 2 lbs of muscle in a week. Muscle is hard to build and usually requires a calorie surplus.

No way it was muscle sorry dear :( Just water retention im sure
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary so we can view it can help a lot..

and since you would have to eat a surplus of 7,000 calories to gain 2 actual pounds, it's just water weight. Are you eating foods high in sodium?
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I always yo yo, especially after big workouts. I recently upped my weights to 5pounds (its all I can handle, lol) and restarted the Shred. Yesterday I did 140 minutes of exercise, C25k and shred plus a lot of walking. Today I am up 2 pounds. It seems to be a pattern with me, so I am not terribly concerned.
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the scale, the 2lbs is probably H2o, stay fcused, progress has been made and progress will continue to be made, 2 1/2 inches lost, thats wats up...:bigsmile:
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    DONT RELY ON THE SCALE. USE IT BUT IF YOUR CLOTHES ARE FITTING BETTER ANDTHE INCHES ARE DECREASING YOU ARE FINE.. YOU MAY BE GAINING MUSCLE TOO :)
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    I know what you mean! I know I'm not supposed to, but I weigh myself EVERY DAY. My theory is that - even if I weigh myself every day and the number goes up and down, at the end of two weeks there should be a real change. Well, at the end of every week I always weigh the same and, as of yesterday, I managed to gain 2 lbs., even though I started working out 7 days a week, sometimes twice a day. I haven't noticed a change of any kind. I don't know what the answer is, but I feel like as long as I keep this up, at least I'll be healthy....

Good luck! Let us know if you get that turned around! (Then tell me how you did it) :-)
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Up another .7 =/ Last night another 45 minutes on the elliptical, and total calories of 1301, under on my carbs, fat, and sodium. and 8 glasses of water. With as much weight as I have to lose, I never expected to hit a plateau this early in the game. I am just trying to remind myself to "POWER THROUGH" this. It can't last forever, right?