Protein Shakes in the AM?

Options
So, I want to start eating protein shakes in the morning en lieu of actual breakfast, and also to keep me away from those stupid Starbucks Frappucinos. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good brand? I'd prefer soy protein and I'd like one that isn't a body-building one. Just protein and vitamins and low-cal, if possible.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Not sure how good this tastes, but: (also don't let the bodybuilding.com thing throw you off) =)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/100soy.html
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I use EAS right now, which you can get at Walmart. I actually mix it with almond milk and a little packet of instant coffee. Tastes almost like a Starbucks :) I will be switching to Shakeology though as soon as it arrives.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    mix your own at trueprotein.com
  • Redpeppa
    Options
    I have used slim fast vanilla powder. and ive added frozen fruit to it..its pretty tasty
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    ON is usually a decent brand to count on. if you can catch it on sale, stock up.

definately check bodybuilding.com

GNC is way overpriced
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    I love EAS. It comes in soy or whey protein. I take the vanilla, half a banana, tbsp of peanutbutter, blend with my hand blender..Yummy. I have also had Chike, love their bananacreme. It is a meal replacement protein shake,
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    what is bodybuilding protein and where can i get some?
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    I use the kind you get at Sam's Club (can't remember the name), it is chocolate. I add in a little peanut butter, skim milk and ice, and blend away. That keeps me going pretty well until lunch.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I use Genisoy Vanilla Protein powder and mix it with Amazing Grass Green Super Food. Super delicious.

I would suggest investing in a Blender Bottle if you don't have one already. You can find them on Amazon for $6.00. I make mine at work, and they come out great.

3 Scoops of Genisoy
    1 Scoop of Amazing Grass
    16 oz. Almond Milk
    2 Tablespoons Almond Butter

Shake it up, put it in the freezer for a few minutes, and you'll have a very delicious drink.

I would really suggest utilizing Amazon if you find something you really like. I love subscribe and save, and I always find it cheaper.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    I use monster milk, chocolate flavor, though it does have an after taste. Good amount of protein up to 50grams for 2 scopes and about 350 calories. I usually use only 1 scope. The best is soy protein in terms of the flavor!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every day for breakfast whether I'm working out or not. I use Jay Robb chocolate protein powder. It's only whey isolate and has 110 cals, 1 g carbs, and no sugar. I mix that with a cup of unsweetened almond milk and 2 tbs of peanut butter. It keeps me full until lunch.
  • Connie_TN
    Options
    mix your own at trueprotein.com

Thanks for the info..looks pretty interesting.
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    what is bodybuilding protein and where can i get some?

There are shakes that help you build mass and that's not what I'm looking for.
  • Brandi_Lei
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Natural Protein / Whey Protein: Triple Chocolate Shake (Meal Replacement)

100 calories for 1 scoop and it makes PLENTY!

I like to make it make it with milk and a banana, but you can just add water to keep your calories low.