New and needing help! Where to start???

Options
Hi...this is a desperate person posting! lol.....I have previously done SW and WW and got to goal on both. I even ran WW meetings for a year. I have lost ALL sense of will power and discipline and urgently need to lose a stone before it turns into 2 or 3.

My downfall is snacking, I love crisps and chocolate, oh biscuits and cake too :( I also love healthy stuff I just seem to rebel against eating it.

So I have found this site through a friend on Twitter. I think I need to get back to good old calorie counting but don't know where to start.

Any help or advice HUGELY welcomed. I just don't know where to start :(

Replies

• lonecorndog
    Options
    Hey. I am moving her from WW, so know the plan (old points as well as the new plan). I'm a crb person like you, and have found that i just cn't keep them in the house (remember the "red light" food thing?).

The thing that worked for me in WW was the meetings, so maybe use this site and the people you meet as your group meeting?

Go back to the healthy habits from WW, and start slow. It's a new day every day, right??

Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'd love to be in a group.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you did really well on WW, have you thought about going back? Some people do really well having the weekly meetings.
  • Mamounette74
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmm good stuff...chocolate...chips....butter....sugar....My trick is to NOT have them in the house. I have no willpower about that so I just keep them away from.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Log every bite you take or sip you drink. That's half the battle. MFP makes it easy to look back and see what works for you. Nothing wrong with junk food now and then, just budget it with your other calories and find out which lower-calories foods fill you up and give you the energy to avoid binging on crap.
  • sallyjh0
    Options
    lonecorndog....I don't know how to add you yet....have only just found this site tonight. Would be good to have a slimming buddy to answer to!

I really don't want to go back to WW. I want to try and get into healthy eating again but not feel as if I'm on a diet. I am usually good at the beginning of something new and then get into bad habits.

A big problem I have is that my bf and friends all think I look great but I am bigger than I want to be and bigger than is healthy. It is only a stone which should be easy but that 'only a stone' mentality is my downfall. It doesn't feel urgent enough, does that make sense?

I need someone to tell me I'm fat to give me a kick up the backside! lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of snacking too! I could live on dips and appetizers. I still eat them quite a bit, I just make them healthy. Bean dips, nut butters, healthy nachos made with lean meats and reduce fat cheeses, pizza with a thin whole grain crust and lots of veggies, Smoked salmon on whole grain bread or crackers. I like it, I'll make myself a healthy version of it.
  • sallyjh0
    Options
    I have 3 teens, there is ALWAYS forbidden food in the house!!

I know that keeping a food diary really helps keep on track. Wish my ipod touch had a camera, am loving the sound of the scanner. May have to upgrade to an iphone.....unless there is an Blackberry app? (bet there's not ;( )
  • sallyjh0
    Options
    I am a huge fan of snacking too! I could live on dips and appetizers. I still eat them quite a bit, I just make them healthy. Bean dips, nut butters, healthy nachos made with lean meats and reduce fat cheeses, pizza with a thin whole grain crust and lots of veggies, Smoked salmon on whole grain bread or crackers. I like it, I'll make myself a healthy version of it.

Sounds fab! What's in bean dips and nut butters?