Hi

Options
Hi, I'm new to "myfitnesspal". I'm 51 and for the pass three years I've picked up weight and have not been able to lose it. Currently, I'm between 170 $ 175. My goal is to be 145 by Dec. 20th which is my 52nd birthday. Really, I'm not a scale person because I form musle very quickly, I just want to get back in my many suites I haven't worn in three years....:( I refuse to buy any new clothes, and I should'nt have to it I can just loose this weight/inches. It's my hips/butt (I have to get rid of some of it!!!)

Replies

• lonecorndog
    Options
    Wow, that's serious weight loss!! Good luck! I'm new too (I beat you by minutes...)

Good luck, and happy upcoming birthday!
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    Welcome!! I love to motivate people and I will add you as a friend! Good luck on your journey!:smile:
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Well you've come to the right place MFP is great for calculating overall intakes and finding out all the excess calories you're eating in your favorite foods, the numbers can be quite shocking at times. You can certainly do it though set up a plan of action and follow through with it. I however would suggest the use of a scale maybe not an everyday weighing but weekly would be a good measurement. Just to see when progress is moving rather quickly or begins to slow up. This allows you to make the appropriate changes to your diet and exercise to maximize your weight loss. Best of luck!