This time of year is...

Options
Seriously the hardest time to stay on track! I have a love/hate relationship with the holidays coming up! ***NOT GOING TO GAIN WEIGHT THIS SEASON*** I'll try to keep that in mind...anyone else have a hard time this time of year???

Replies

• CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have always gained 10 pounds from Halloween till New years. This year... it will NOT happen :)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If by holidays, you mean Thanksgiving and Christmas, then yes! (Halloween not so much. I buy candy I don't like for the tricker treaters, like tootsie rolls, and don't eat it...). Christmas makes me thing of HOT CHOCOLATE! But, last year I saw that Celestial Seasonings has a Candy Cane Peppermint tea, and Bigelow has Ginger Snappish with lemon. It gives the scent of Christmas in the house, which is what I think is for what I was really longing.
  • hlodwig
    hlodwig Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yes! I always do... and I never lose them even when spring comes along. This winter I'm going to run outside even if it freezes my toes!
  • maysflower
    Options
    Oh ya! I would be surprised if there are people out there who don't struggle to not overeat over the holidays. This year I am way more committed to watching what I eat and to not gain weight. I will allow myself to indulge only on certain days (Christmas Eve/Day & New Years), but all those days in between I need to be exercising and eating right.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Not only holidays...
    but all the delicious soups and chilis and comfort foods for cold weather. mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Well, since I joined last January after the holidays, maybe, just maybe I'll be more aware of what and how i eat + working out!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have always had problems with the holiday season and gaining weight! I think the cold (at least in colder areas) makes people want to eat more fatty foods anyway to keep them warmer. lol. Maybe. But my plan this year is to just keep on doing what I've been doing and save my splurges for the weekends. If I'm gonna eat bad stuff it's still going to be a moderate amount, and only 1 time a week like I've been doing since I started losing weight.

Halloween, it's always the Twix and Kit Kat bars... lol. I think this year I will try what Helena said and buy candy I don't like to give out. With Christmas, I always wanna pig out on the ham and sweet potatoes, not so much the desserts. Thanksgiving isn't as bad, unless I eat a load of the starchy foods. But this year I'm keeping myself in check. :) Of course there's also Steak and Shake's holiday shakes that tempt me, but if I really wanted to I could have a small or medium one once a week without gaining weight, as long as I keep the rest of my calories in check. There's no reason you can't treat yourself, just make sure you do it in moderation. :)

9233173.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter