Chewing Gum

Options
I have a habit of just grabbing handfuls of random (usually savoury) foods and stuffing them in my mouth when I'm bored or angry. To thwart this habit, I've been chewing gum like no other, but I'm so tired of it, I want to toss the two half-packs I have over the second-story balcony! I prefer the taste of savoury food to sweets anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions other than gum?

Replies

• voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Beef Stew-flavoured gum?
  • emilyajones
    Options
    A handful of nuts?
    Ive read in several articles online that a handful of nuts (not sure how often, at least once a day) helps with filling you up and thus preventing cravings.
    Sorry if that doesnt help but only thing I can think of!
  • emily773
    Options
    Baby Carrots with salsa for a dip! I've also heard of people carrying around packets of nuts, like emilyajones said.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I wish I had something better to offer, but it might just be a matter of time and discipline. If weight loss is really what you're going for, you'll not be able to resort to emotional or distracting eating. It's no longer an option. The upside, though, is time. After a while of living in a more disciplined way, many people have noted (as have I) that foods taste better. The boring bag of baby carrots becomes really good. I've taken to making a strange sort of olive oil and balsamic vinegar cole slaw-- I use the chopped veggies, put on the dressing, and that seems to do well for me with very few calories. Start exploring, and look forward to the day that your taste buds become super-powered and boring foods now become something to look forward to.

On the other hand, maybe Willy Wonka will perfect that gum that tastes like a 4-course dinner. :-)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! The nuts thing sounds like a good plan!!
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This isn't a savory option but I would watch out for anything that goes in the mouth VERY easily such as nuts for a replacement for gum. My suggestion is tootsie pops. They are very low in calories and come in different flavors and last quite a long time.
    Good Luck
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Sunflower seeds~!
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    fruits!