Help me choose, cause I can't!!!

Options
trout3063
trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
I'm in the market for a better fuel economy car (then what I have) I've narrowed it down to TWO choices.

Choice #1 - 2011 Ford Fusion, 23k miles. Hubby's work so we are getting a great price

Choice #2 - 2012 Nissan Altima, new. Price is 2k more then the fusion due to a great sale at the dealership (not great factory rebates)

Which would you buy?

These are my only two choices....I've driven seven other cars narrowing it down to these two.

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Nissan.

Yes you should buy American but you are getting a BRAND NEW CAR with a warranty for only 2K more plus no miles. Yeah, go with the Nissan. I've had 4; 2 Altimas and 2 Murano's. I love em.
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Nissan. Love their cars. I'm actually looking at buying an Infinity next year. I had one before and LOVED it.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Nissan! I got a Nissan Rogue about a year ago and I love it!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Buy American.:smile:
  • char_Oh
    char_Oh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We have a new Ford Fusion and we love it great gas milage.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    FORD
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    Nissan, it's a free market economy. Down with Protectionism!
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    Plus it's a better car
  • Whopooh
    Whopooh Posts: 50
    Options
    Buy American
  • TamJohn2011
    TamJohn2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've driven Fords, Chevrolets and Toyotas. I LOVE my Toyotas. I've had the least amount of trouble with them so I would say go with the Nissan. :)
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Nissan!
    We just bought a Nissan Versa and its great on gas! And they make their cars so quiet its great! Only downside is if a part goest it can get pricey! Otherwise AWESOME little cars!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My husband's company car is a Ford Fusion and he hates it and the non-responsive service department at Ford that won't fix the stuff he hates. The only thing that bugs me about his car is the headrests. They force my head too far forward and give me a sore neck.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Fusion.
    Don't buy a brand new car it's not a smart idea. I'm sure you've heard the whole "as soon as you drive it off the lot it loses a ton of value" bit. Plus if you live in America it's good to support your country =]. ALSO cheaper to fix if anything ever goes wrong.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Nissan Altima FTW!! i drive one....i love it
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies....I did a TON of homework on these cars. I even did an edmunds "true" cost to own on each and suprisingly enough the ford was about 2500 more to own over the first five years. And with the killer deduct they're giving me on the Nissan, the lost equity aspect is near mute.

For you Altima drivers....what kind of true mpg are you getting? I've driven a fusion enough to know it's about 24-ish....
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the Nissan. I've had bad luck with Fords, loved my Toyotas and currently love my Honda. =o)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm in the market for a better fuel economy car (then what I have) I've narrowed it down to TWO choices.

Choice #1 - 2011 Ford Fusion, 23k miles. Hubby's work so we are getting a great price

Choice #2 - 2012 Nissan Altima, new. Price is 2k more then the fusion due to a great sale at the dealership (not great factory rebates)

Which would you buy?

These are my only two choices....I've driven seven other cars narrowing it down to these two.

Well, I'm a GM person...My Dad grew us up on the saying: FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily. That may have changed, but I know I still have a 17 y.o. Bravada that is "Butta." Maybe Nissan is a good buy, I know the Altma looks good and has a good history.

If I HAD to choose between these 2, I'd go with the Nissan (ONLY if I have determined how much the UPKEEP will cost...Oil Changes (Is it Synthetic oil, that stuff cost!), cost of tune ups, any other special needs.) Keeping in mind that domestic cars are cheaper to maintain...oil changes, parts (down the road...) Gas is important but so is upkeep.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    By American which means you can buy the Nissan:

Nissan Plant located in Smyrna, Tennessee, NNA's first U.S. manufacturing operation is widely recognized as one of the most productive vehicle assembly plants in the world. The Smyrna plant, which covers 5.2 million square feet, has the capacity to produce 500,000 vehicles annually. The plant produces the Nissan Altima and Maxima sedans, the Xterra and Pathfinder SUVs, and the Frontier truck.

Your welcome :tongue:
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    We've owned two Altimas (05 and 07), and currently own a Titan (10). We have also owned two older (93 and 87) Pathfinders. We LOVE our Nissans, and would buy Nissan time and time again!

Just for the sake of trivia, the Altima and other Nissan/Infiniti cars and trucks are assembled in the US (something I learned doing a research paper). With the global economy, there are truly no fully American made vehicles, which is sad in a way.

Nissan has three production plants in the United States, and plants that manufacture all engines for the US Nissan lineup as well as crankshafts, and cylinder block castings. The Nissan Altima, Nissan Quest, Nissan Armada, Nissan Titan and Infiniti QX56 are all assembled right here in the US. Ok, enough trivia! Enjoy the new vehicle!
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    By American which means you can buy the Nissan:

Nissan Plant located in Smyrna, Tennessee, NNA's first U.S. manufacturing operation is widely recognized as one of the most productive vehicle assembly plants in the world. The Smyrna plant, which covers 5.2 million square feet, has the capacity to produce 500,000 vehicles annually. The plant produces the Nissan Altima and Maxima sedans, the Xterra and Pathfinder SUVs, and the Frontier truck.

Your welcome :tongue:

You got this up while I was writing mine! lol Glad to see another who says you can buy Nissan and still buy American!!:wink: