Quick, super easy 250 calorie dinner/snack?

Options
xLyric
xLyric Posts: 840 Member
I'm replacing my 270 calorie cottage cheese and pineapple dinner/snack, because after a while I get sick (almost literally) of cottage cheese.

Note: ^^That's what I mean by quick. All I had to do was measure and eat. I don't really want to need to cook it unless it can be in the microwave.

So I need ideas for something around 250 calories. I have a 280 cal bagel in the morning, so something like that, preferably. Easy, filling, comes in packs of six...

Can anyone help me, please? :)

Replies

• georgiagorwell
    Options
    I like celery sticks with soft cheese piped along them, like primula or similar!
  • nakedskeleton
    Options
    i like an apple with cinnamon and 1/2cup of plain uncooked oatmeal (: it's only about 250 total and is very healthy.
  • Twa0979
    Options
    You can get Low Cal Bread (40 or 90 cal per slice) and have peanut butter toast. Seems boring but peanut butter is always good and it gives you a little crunch.

You can also keep the Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Mix it with a container of low fat Cool Whip, and a packed ot Orange Jello to make what is lovingly referred to as Orange Stuff. People tend to love it.
  • An apple with 2 tbsp. of peanut butter is really filling, or have non-fat Greek yogurt with a little bit of healthy granola (as in whole wheat, with very little sugar, and no chocolate/candy in the mix). Siggi's make a great yogurt that's only 100 calories, the best flavor is the pomegranate passion fruit. :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Sliced granny smith apple with Greek 0% yogurt and lime or lemon juice. You can use grapes too.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with flax seeds blended with fruit and a handful of spinach (or just fruit and salad on the side if blending isn't an option).

Oatmeal made with skim milk w/ canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice mixed in. Or make with water and then add walnuts to that mixture.

Cereal - Quaker Oat Squares, Kashi, etc - with skim milk
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    oatmeal...made with water, then after it is cooked add a container of flavored yogurt (strawberry banana is my favorite)

pepper strips (red, orange and yellow are my favorite) with hummus
  • jcearth
    jcearth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter pretzels -- or some low calorie soup (I like the Chunky Healthy Request Italian Wedding soup - 1 can = 260 calories)

7980302.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    These are great suggestions, thanks!

I should have mentioned: I'm a vegetarian, which leaves yogurt out as an option. (Gelatin).
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is what I feed my daughter for lunch alot
    Arnolds sandwich thins - 100 calories
    2oz lowfat lunch meat. - 50-60 cals ( Get that protein in!)
    1 apple ~ 60-80 calories
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Eggo whole wheat low fat waffles and peanut butter. YUMMMY
    140 for 2 waffles
    95-190 calories for PB (depends how much you want on there)

My new favorite snack/meal.
  • xLyric, the Siggi's doesn't have any gelatin, it's 100% vegetarian.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    What about fruit salad... or ... some rice... I've been trying to do away with processed foods... previous to that I would have said cereal with unsweetened vanilla almond milk... or a frozen dinner meal.... or 2 slices of low cal bread with turkey and some veggies... however since I'm trying to do unprocessed foods I would say fruit salad or mixed veggies.... what about soup? I love giant pots of soup then just reheat all week... even just cans of soup... open a can and microwave...
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    231 Calories - Cherry Pie Oats
    - steel cut oats (microwavable), frozen dark cherries, couple dashes of cinnamon and tsp vanilla.

211 Calories - Spinach, Tomato, Garlic and Avocado with 2 egg white + 1 whole egg Omelet
    - dice tomatoes and mince garlic in advance; keep in refrigerator; you could even use a couple dashes of garlic powder. Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and turn on medium heat. Don't have to wait for it to heat. Pour eggs in, sprinkle with a dash of sea salt, some black pepper and toss in a handful of pre-washed baby spinach, some diced tomatoes and a little garlic. Flip. Done almost immediately. Fold in half on plate and top or fill with sliced avocado. DELISH!

184 Calories - Apple Slices with 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

140 Calories (varies) - Protein Shake with Almond
    - I have blender ball cups and bring a tiny lunch bag with me that I keep my blender ball cup with a scoop of protein powder in it plus 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk. Shake and drink in seconds on the go/not at home.

180-210 Calories - Kind Bar Fruit and Nut Bars
    - I personally love the Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew, but they have a ton of delicious flavors and they are pretty satisfying!

210 Calories (varies) - Berry and Nut Trail Mix
    - I buy a huge bag at Costco and portion out a serving size in snack sized Ziplocs and throw in my bag. When I am on the run, I can just reach in and munch while I drive, walk, work, etc.

184 Calories - 1/2 Cup of Homemade Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus & Celery Sticks
    - Private message me if you are interested in the recipe. Basically take all the ingredients and put into a food processor or blender and it is done. Keep in the refrigerator. Easy to eat anytime!

140 Calories - Edamame
    - I buy single serving steam packs at the store. a few minutes in the microwave and VOILA!

I have dinner recipes that take more effort and are 400-450 Calories. If you are interested in those, PM me.

Happy eating! :flowerforyou:

EDIT: I just saw that you posted that you are vegetarian. If you are not ovo, disregard the omelet suggestion. :wink:
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    These are great suggestions, thanks!

I should have mentioned: I'm a vegetarian, which leaves yogurt out as an option. (Gelatin).

The fat-free plain Greek yogurt I use (Fage) does not contain gelatin. A half cup of this with some cereal/granola would be about 250-270 cals.

Kashi makes some pretty tasty frozen waffles that are about 150 cals for 2 (so does Eggo, but I prefer the Kashi waffles). Heat 'em up in the toaster, and add some PB or almond butter.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Eggo whole wheat low fat waffles and peanut butter. YUMMMY
    140 for 2 waffles
    95-190 calories for PB (depends how much you want on there)

My new favorite snack/meal.

I love ego waffles for breakfast. I always get the flavored with the added fiber but never thought of the plain with peanut butter. I am going to have to try that.