4x cancer survivor w/fitness &nutrition goals

Options
hello, I am a four time cancer survivor who has endured the challenge of cancer & all that that entails, for me, mass amounts of steroids were included in my treatment, I am off all the meds, been cleared to start an exercise program... at one time I was a lean mean 138 lbs police officer/structural & wildland firefighter/medic/sar ... I one time competed in the National Firefighter Combat Challenge, I was in awesome shape, thats what I want...but better this time, cuz back then I ate what I wanted now, I want to add in the nutrition....eat right... I have big goals could use some buddies, support and encouragement. wish me luck!

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Congrats on beating it 4 times!!! Thats amazing! Good luck to you!!!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    More friends and support never hurt! Feel free to add me. Congrats on the enormous accomplishment of beating cancer!!! I hope you're feeling better, and I wish you nothing but the best in this journey!!
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing. I will add you as a buddy. I have a friend with a similar story and in your same boat right now. I am training her right now and we are working with a very clean diet to start restoring her system from all the radiation damage. You can do this, especially with all you have done so far. There is no stopping you.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If you can beat cancer four times, you'll definitely reach your fitness goals too! :flowerforyou:

Welcome and good luck to you! :smile:
  • blondz
    blondz Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow congrats on beating it four times! This is the second time for my Aunt if you have any advice or tips please share :-) I think the workouts will be easier for you if you're eating healthy which is what I'm trying to do. I did the ACS Making Strides in Central Park this past Sunday which was 5 miles. I think if I keep it up I can do more. Hopefully one day I will be on your level. Thanks soo much for sharing.