I tried Zumba yesterday...Fail!

Options
I am sooo uncoordinated and they move so fast! I did sweat however, probably from moving/flapping/kicking every part of my body while trying to copy them lol

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,066 Member
    Options
    It's still fun, and it gets easier. Keep going back, everyone had to start where you are now. You'll see a big improvement quickly.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The more you go the easier it gets, trust me!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I am sooo uncoordinated and they move so fast! I did sweat however, probably from moving/flapping/kicking every part of my body while trying to copy them lol

I was the same way!! Lol wasn't the workout for me!!!
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Did Zumba on the Kinect and it played it back to me.. Yeah i looked like a damn fool! =)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I wasn't crazy about it.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i agree with the above posters, keep going the moves will come in time.

so long as you have fun, sweat, and keep moving somewhat in time with the music ITS ALL GOOD!
  • sunshinyday69
    sunshinyday69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Haha...yes that would be me as well...I've been curious if there is a good Zumba workout tape or Zumba for the Wii....has anyone tried that?
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dance kind of person.
    I am now a convert to kettlebells. Cardio and weights all in one.
    It's fun!
  • snkeller24
    Options
    It took me a few classes, as long as I went when it was the same instructor, to get the stuff down. If you enjoyed it keep going. For me it wasn't hardcore enough but it was a fun thing to do on the side.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I always thought I had pretty decent rhythm, going dancing with the girls and such. Zumba makes me feel a bit like a klutz. But I still enjoy it. It does get easier after a while. If you enjoy the music and the moves, I say try it a few more times.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    you will get better at it trust me! I was all over the place when i started doing it on the wii. my balance was awful! =/. the more i practiced the better i got :) just takes time, you will get there
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i've never tried it because i know i would fail so bad! try it a couple more times, and if you hate it, find another class you actually like!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba disaster too. But I keep going, since I burn in excess of 500 calories in an hour. Even uncoordinated people still burn a ton :)
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    KEEP IT UP!!!!!!! Dont worry about keeping it up, its all good. You will adventually get it, as long as ur moving you r burning so just enjoy it, I love it!!:bigsmile:
  • cvavasseur
    Options
    I agree. The more you go the better it gets. It may not help your coordination but its fun and it works. Go for it.
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    oh my i was going to do one on monday for the first time and i am not coordinated you have put me off now l ol
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA = an introverts worst nightmare!

No thanks!
  • proudmami1138
    proudmami1138 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dont stop going! I swear you will learn the moves and the workout is AMAZING! Everyone starts off that way. Stick to it and you won't regret it!
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Tell you what I know,......I'm 51 and the First time I went to Zumba, I was the Bigest Gal there, But not the Oldest, So I got with the Hens and they told me this, What Ever you do Just Keep Moving! I Did and am wondering why I'm Not doing Zumba now! You can do it!
  • KLLever
    KLLever Posts: 39
    Options
    There is a Zumba game for Wii, XBox Kinnect and PS3 Move. I have it for the Move. Fun stuff! There are DVDs available as well. I love the express 20 minute workout for days when you're short on time. The games and videos are cool, but I love taking an actual Zumba class the most :)