mother of 2 trying to get back to "me"

Options
Well, I am 26 with a girl, almost 5 and a boy 17 months. Needless to say, I am far from my wedding day photos, and I am at a point where I feel like I need to take care of myself and build my own confidence in order to teach my kids to do the same. Obviously they dont have weight issues..... but I am at the point when my daughter tells others that she has a "kinda big" mommy.... yeah, time to work on that. I have the problem of starting out strong and then dwendling down slowly, and eventually quitting. I need something that I can do daily, and that allows me to make choices. This reminds me of the weight watchers plan, how you can choose cheesecake, or you can choose to eat lunch and dinner!!! I work with a lady who is having success using this site already after only a week, and has lost like four pounds. So hopefully if I only eat my reccommended amount of calories, then I will lose more than the 2 lbs per week that the program mentions. I guess we'll see!! hope i am a little lighter the next time I do this! Good luck to all the other new ones!!

Replies

• latoyamz
    latoyamz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This sight works as long as you stick with it. As a mother of two myself(5yr old boy,18 month boy) you are not alone! Keep us posted on your success
  • jewels1995
    Options
    you can do it! i know how you feel, i was always the bigger mother too. stick to it, and even if you have one bad meal or day post it and keep going. the more i read from others, everyone has a bad meal,, day or week, sometime, but they kept at it. You'll do great.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    I have the problem of starting out strong and then dwendling down slowly, and eventually quitting.

I can really relate to this statement in particular. I have been on MFP for about 3 weeks now and it is helping me sooo much! The message boards are great and everyone is so encouraging. Feel free to add me if you want :smile:
  • Leviram
    Leviram Posts: 77
    Options
    You sure can do it if I can. I have a 5 yr old and watch a 3 yr old and still manage to get out and walk and do some moving around. Stick to the plan and find what you like to do and you will definitely surprise yourself at what you can do!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im a mom of two as well (4 and 5 years) and i also have had issues with starting something and doing it well for a while and then slacking. i really love this site because theres so many people who are in similar situations and can help with ideas and motivation! best of luck to you :D i know you can do it!
  • ckenning
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined in June and am LOVING MFP! I am a mother of 4 -- it can be very hard to work in daily exercise, so counting calories has worked very well. Feel free to friend me!!
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am totally in the same boat as you. I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old... and I am starting to wittle down the 100 lb i have gained over the 4 years :). remember one day at a time and that tomorrow is a new day.