does mfp really predict right?

hi guys just a question when you type your calorie intake for the day it gives you a prediciton as to what you would weigh if everyday was the same! has this been right for alot of people out there??? just wanted opinions thanks people

Replies

• SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    According to my HRM, I'm burning way more then MFP tells me I am.
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Bump: I just started keeping track to see if it worked!! However everyday is not the same for me so we will see!!!
  • It does predict right, but it is what it is, a prediction. It could be off by a pound or two, but that's it.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    has anyone ever really eaten the exact same thing every day for 5 weeks straight? not i!!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    For me it's been pretty close. But you have to remember that unless you consume the same amount of calories and do the same amount of exercise EVERY day, it won't come out right. That's why you probably see a different prediction each time you complete your diary. From personal experience though - I'm losing about as fast as I told the program I wanted to lose overall. Don't get caught up in those miraculous predictions that come up on days when you've had a super calorie burn and ate like a bird. That isn't realistic.
  • Its a prediction based off of the information its given. So yes, its 'correct' however most people eat differently every day so its not something I would rely on.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    MINE HAS BEEN PRETTY CONSISTENT WITH WHAT IT TELLS ME!
  • I keep track of mine in the notes section of my diary for "fun", and I have been noticing that it is pretty close. Except for the odd day where I may have gone over or eaten a lot due to a large burn that day, my days ARE fairly consistent, and I find it to be accurate within about 1/2 lb to a lb. 5 weeks ago today it said that I would weigh 147.7 and today I weighed in at 147.

Hope this helps! :happy:
  • mine hasn't ever been right.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Heh, i actually made note of it back in mid/late september.

It said i would be 208 on oct. 20th. Atm I'm 212, with 2 days left. So it wont be spot on, but certainly not far off!
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Apparently I'm drunk or just can't read.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    According to my HRM, I'm burning way more then MFP tells me I am.

yep. even the exercise machines at the gym underestimate. if you're trying to get an exact number, or even trying to track calories at all, the best things you can invest in are a HRM and a food scale.

and again, it's hard to have the exact same intake every day, so i'm not sure about the prediction parts, but if you have your intake and burned calories accurately logged i don't see why the prediction wouldn't be correct