Is this ok to have for lunch?

Options
a slice of whole grain bread
a can of tuna (Nothing added)
Slice of tomato &
15-20 grapes

I made a sandwich with one slice of bread, as much tuna as I could fit on it, and a slice of tomato, then folded it in half. I put the rest of the tuna on the plate with about 15-20 grapes. I never realized how amazingly grapes and dry tuna go together!

Anyways, is this ok for a lunch? Has anyone else tried something similar?

Replies

• 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    I think it's great. Very well balanced & sounds yummy.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't this be ok?

I'm not really sure what you're asking.... is it too many calories? is it too much sodium? is it enough protein?
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't this be okay? Aside from the fact that canned tuna requires mayo to be edible, at least in my opinion ;)
  • wendorfa
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I use Miracle Whip w/ relish sometimes and eat the tuna salad on whole grain crackers, it is a really tasty alternative to just a regular sandwich.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    awesome choice!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Of course. It sounds perfect.
  • kgschel
    Options
    well, plug it into the recipe thing on myfitness pal and see what you get.

my guess is a half can of tuna which is about 120 cal, slice of bread about 125, grapes maybe 50 cal...altogether 300 calories which is pretty reasonable by itself.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! If you don't want the calories from mayo, you can add (I do this) a splash of red wine vinegar to the tuna.
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Why wouldn't this be okay? Aside from the fact that canned tuna requires mayo to be edible, at least in my opinion ;)

agree!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    If you are thinking of having this often, I would go easy on the grapes, as they are loaded with pesticides--to the point that pediatricians don`t recommend them for kids. But the protein loading should diminish your appetite.
  • TOXUTHAT
    TOXUTHAT Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have tuna almost every day for lunch. Instead of mayo, I add salsa. I add salsa to a lot of foods. I especially like it on baked potatoes instead of butter and sour cream. Not many calories in salsa.

1281289.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If you are thinking of having this often, I would go easy on the grapes, as they are loaded with pesticides--to the point that pediatricians don`t recommend them for kids. But the protein loading should diminish your appetite.
    I didn't know that.. Thanks for the info..
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I often eat a similar lunch myself (but I can't resist adding a little mayo or mustard to my tuna...and I often add some chopped celery/onions/sweet gherkins too - all pretty low-cal but add great flavor and crunch!).