Cabbage soup

Options
I need to make a soup out of the cabbage i have but every time i google cabbage soup i get that cabbage soup diet recipe which isn't what i want... does anyone have any good low calorie recipe for cabbage soup i wanted to make it in my crock pot!

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I need to make a soup out of the cabbage i have but every time i google cabbage soup i get that cabbage soup diet recipe which isn't what i want... does anyone have any good low calorie recipe for cabbage soup i wanted to make it in my crock pot!
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I will usually chop up the cabbage or put it in my salad shooter then also add carrots, fresh cut tomatoes, green pepper, red onion, celery, some low sodium chicken broth and some basil and black pepper..then add a little grilled chicken and garlic cloves.....then if I want a little extra, I toss in a small bunch of cilantro......it's low calorie, low sodium and very delicious! Not to mention with all the different veggies, it is quite colorful as well....
  • kimmerkujawa
    kimmerkujawa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just saw this yesterday and I have not tried it yet, I did copy some of the reviews of others that have tried it. Good luck, let me know if you liked it.
    Kim

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cabbage-Patch-Stew/Detail.aspx?src=rss

Cabbage Patch Stew SUBMITTED BY: CALEIGHSMOM

"Browned ground beef and onion, combined with ranch-style beans, cabbage and stewed tomatoes. Seasoned with cumin and garlic then slow-cooked all day."

RECIPE RATING:

Read Reviews (49)
    Review/Rate This Recipe

PREP TIME 20 Min
    COOK TIME 7 Hrs
    READY IN 7 Hrs 20 Min

SERVINGS (Help)
    Servings
    US METRIC

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    1 pound lean ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    1/4 cup picante sauce
    1 cup water
    salt to taste
    freshly ground pepper, to taste
    Add to Recipe Box
    My folders:

Add to Shopping List
    Customize Recipe
    Add a Personal Note

What to Drink?
    Syrah

DIRECTIONS
    In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain fat.
    Combine ranch-style beans, cumin, garlic, cabbage and green pepper in crock pot. Stir in stewed tomatoes, celery, picante sauce, water, and beef mixture. Salt and pepperr to taste.
    Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
    FOOTNOTE
    Did you know Allrecipes is home to over 400 crock pot recipes? Click here to visit our complete collection.
    You could win Free Groceries for a year!
    King’s Hawaiian® Spring Into Savings Sweepstakes - Two Grand Prize winners! Click for details. ADVERTISE WITH US ADVERTISEMENT

REVIEWS
    Reviewed on Nov. 12, 2003 by MIMI4549 XFull Review
    MIMI4549
    Nov. 12, 2003WOW, from the first time I tried this have gotten rave reviews from Family and Friends. Was so impressed after making first time, shared it with everyone I know! Have improvised with it a little at times, adding a little more Cabbage, as we love Cabbage, little more Salsa and garlic, also increased Celery to 3 or 4 stalks at times. Some recipes aren't open to improvising, but feel free with this one to add extra or something new of what your Family likes. Very "user friendly" recipe or great just like it is!
    Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
    14 users found this review helpful
    WOW, from the first time I tried this have gotten rave reviews from Family and Friends. Was so... MORE MORE

Reviewed on Aug. 7, 2006 by NJSS2000 XFull Review
    NJSS2000
    Aug. 7, 2006I cooked mine in the crock pot while I was at work, so it cooked for 9 hours which was a little too long, my cabbage basically disappeared. We still enjoyed it but next time will make when it won't have to cook as long.
    Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
    11 users found this review helpful
    I cooked mine in the crock pot while I was at work, so it cooked for 9 hours which was a... MORE MORE
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/free/CabbageBeefSoup.htm

This is from the low sodium cooking website. If you like beef, you might like this.:bigsmile:
  • mutsey
    mutsey Posts: 11
    Options
    Go to www.recipezaar.com and type in cabbage soup. It will bring up a list of all they have and gives the nutritional info. I found one this morning that I am going to try. Try to pull up recipe # 98388, this one is not for the slow cooker but it looks good. I would also use turkey instead of ground beef like this recipe calls for.

Hope this helps.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Go to www.recipezaar.com and type in cabbage soup. It will bring up a list of all they have and gives the nutritional info. I found one this morning that I am going to try. Try to pull up recipe # 98388, this one is not for the slow cooker but it looks good. I would also use turkey instead of ground beef like this recipe calls for.

Hope this helps.

thank you!!!