Drinking Water

Options
I find i have a hard time just drinking water so i drink a lot of crystal light and other sugar free flavors.
Would you still count that as your water that you measure for your daily intake

Replies

• links1973
    Options
    I find i have a hard time just drinking water so i drink a lot of crystal light and other sugar free flavors.
    Would you still count that as your water that you measure for your daily intake
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    I think you can count most fluids that you drink as part of your daily intake. Check out this article:
    http://www.myfooddiary.com/resources/ask_the_expert/recommended_daily_water_intake.asp
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    I would be careful of the sugar free drink mixes. They have aspertame (sp?) in them and that is nasty stuff. I just had my husband give all his packets away and I found him some that dont have that in them. A little more calories but not aspertame.
  • HateFood
    HateFood Posts: 4
    Options
    I would be careful on the cyrstal light etc. My uncle got really sick on it and ended up in the hospital because he was exercising and drinking that for hydration. I don't like water either. I have to force myself to drink it daily. If I drink 3 glasses a day I am syched! So is my husband, lol he says I am a camel. So everytime you think of it just take a drink of water and pretty soon you'll be up to 3 glasses. I did it in 2 weeks and I don't even think about it now. I still don't know how people do 8 glasses??? Hmmmm good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I've read so many things about artificial sweeteners that I would say no, it doesn't count. Artiificial sweeteners can actually make you MORE hungry. They can actually change the way your metabolism works. They are chemicals... and if your goal is to get healthier, you want to avoid as many chemicals in your food as you can.

Water is addictive... once you start hydrating your body properly, you'll crave it. That being said, some water just tastes better... make sure that you have access to plenty of water that tastes good to you. If you simply hate all water and HAVE to have some flavor in it - try flavoring it naturally....

Put a sprig of mint in your water and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
    OR - try a slice of cucumber, lemon or lime

Find tricks that make it easier. For me - I find that if water is in a bottle (any bottle) I drink it faster. Sometimes it helps to drink out of a straw. As you work out more - it becomes easier and easier to drink water as well.

Good luck!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: everything I've read about artificial sweeteners tells me that they are bad news. the only thing I drink besides water is unsweetened herb tea----hot or iced.

The way I got to that point was to drink my tea a little less sweetened every day until I got down to no sweetener at all. with water, I just tried to drink a little more each day and tried different temperatures (I used to think I like ice water but now that I drink water at room temperature I can drink more)

Take this one day at a time and take baby steps . you'll be amazed at the changes over time

good luck:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: